Airbus A321 Aircraft

Pro Member Trainee
feld0025 Trainee

I was wondering if anybody else feels that the airbus A321 seems more difficult to fly than any of the other aircraft. When I try to fly the airplane without autopilot, it's very difficult to control, especially on landing after disengaging autopilot. Also, after takeoff, the plane dips downwards before coming back up. Very strange occurance. is this a bug or the nature of the plane? Thanks!

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

I think that is just how it is because mine is like that. It is hard to turn and manuver it so I don't fly it much. I also found it very hard to land in.

Pro Member Trainee
mat3329 Trainee

I think it could be because of all the onboard flight systems, it's better if you have some of them on, but the A321 should probably be handled gently. I find she flies good, although she's challenging to land. My advice on that one, keep as many on-board flight assistants as possible hahaha.

Pro Member First Officer
lionlicker First Officer

I am also bewildered by the weird behaviour of the A321

Why is it after setting the elevator trim to 1.4 at take off - it holds the trim for you as you take off - then at about 400 feet on climb out ?? it usurps control of the elevator trim ?? and reverts it back to 0.0 ???

Very annoying Evil or Very Mad - - stuffs up the flying experience all together.

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (truckernick) First Officer

The default A321 in fsx is basically crap.
See Microsoft programmed it all outta wack, everything is screwy such as ratios for stuff or what not.
And the Fly-By-Wire system in the fsx A321 is so screwy in every way.
If you want a decent Airbus then you have to go with payware.

Pro Member Trainee
Brickwall132 Trainee

You have to turn off all of the flight control systems such as the elevator comp. and rudder comp, after that you should have full control of the plane but she is a bit touchy.

Pro Member First Officer
lionlicker First Officer

Can you explain a little more about turning of the Elevator comp? and Rudder comp? - not sure what you mean.

Do you mean a switch or button in the cockpit or are you refering to a status flag in a .cfg file?

A very interesting documentry on tele the other night all about the woes of the Airbus a321. It seems they are pigs to fly in real life also 😂 🙄 . Nicknamed the "ScareBus" !! ... the pilots have a saying - "If it aint Boeing , I aint going" !!

Pro Member Trainee
Brickwall132 Trainee

Here is a URL that you can use for help

Pro Member First Officer

feld0025 wrote:

I was wondering if anybody else feels that the airbus A321 seems more difficult to fly than any of the other aircraft. When I try to fly the airplane without autopilot, it's very difficult to control, especially on landing after disengaging autopilot. Also, after takeoff, the plane dips downwards before coming back up. Very strange occurance. is this a bug or the nature of the plane? Thanks!

The reason that the A321 in fsx sucks to hell, is because of Microsoft, when making the game they incorporated the Fly-By-Wire system.
So them doing that made the plane just suck period.

I bet it would fly well if you could disable that somehow.

Pro Member First Officer
lionlicker First Officer

Hey guys, Brickwall132 has answered the main question of this thread. I watched the Utube video and then took it for a test flight - and WOW - it works great.
Shift 5 to bring up the overhead console. De-switch the three buttons under the FLC CTL section and it can be flown as controllably as any other sim aircraft.
I have as yet to experiment further - maybe just de-activating the elevator comp control may be what I want.
Thanks Brickwall132. Bow Down

Pro Member First Officer

So that really works huh

Pro Member Trainee
Brickwall132 Trainee

Your welcome, glad to help, those systems were so crappy I spent awhile just trying to find a way to turn them off!! 😂

Pro Member First Officer
Hongming Zheng (jianqing) First Officer

mine is hard on up and down too i think Yes

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...