Installation Problem

Pro Member Trainee
frenchieak2 Trainee

I recently uninstalled FSX and now I want to re-install it. I have tried a few times to reinstall it and now I need some help. Every time I put in the second disk, about ten seconds in it says, word for word,
"Microsoft Flight Simulator X Error
Error 1311.Source file not found: I:\D2Feat~1.cab. Verify that the file exists and you can access it.
Retry Cancel

Every time I press Retry, it comes back up. Every time I press Cancel, it rolls back the whole installation which takes about as much time as installing it in the first place.
If I go to My Documents and try to access it, it says it could not find it. If you have any information that could solve this problem, thanks in advance.
French 😉

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I did some research on this error but failed to find a simple answer. This error indicates that the installer is unable to access the necessary files from the CD-ROM drive.

Here are some tips that may help:
1. Update Windows
2. Empty your Recycle bin and temporary Internet files in your browser.
3. clean disk
4. Update your DVD drive driver
5. Install with Windows in Safe Mode.

Just some ideas, I'm no expert but no one else has answered your post.

Pro Member First Officer
Tom (cthiggin) First Officer

This tip is from a couple years ago when I could not get Acrobat Professional to re-install - Talked to Abobe as well as MS - I downloaded the small program from MS (Windows Installer Clean Up Program) and it did the trick - "seems" that on occasion the installers get corrupt - I opened the program, deleted the "Acrobat Professional" installer - then reinstalled the Acrobat Pro. fine -

This worked for me couple of months ago when I upgraded to Vista - had to reinstall FSX - same thing happened, would not install, error messages, etc. - Opened my little program from MS, deleted the installer for FSX, and then FSX installed like a breeze.

Hope this helps.
cthiggin

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...