Square Range

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

Anyone out there who flew the old square range and low frequency airways?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Charlie10 wrote:

Anyone out there who flew the old square range and low frequency airways?

Are you talking about the four-course radio range(A and N ranges)?
http://www.navfltsm.addr.com/ndb-nav-history.htm

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

Yes, I am. Do you remember those days?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Charlie10 wrote:

Yes, I am. Do you remember those days?

No it was before my time but I've heard of it. I think it would be nice to try. I have nothing but respect for pilots that could earn an instrument rating using such navigation. They should have left one station operating for nostalgic reasons.

There's a download on Avsim so that you can put the stations into FS(not simple).
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004gau&DLID=82861

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

There is a square range download for FS including FSX. There is also a nice vintage radio panel for the DC-3 that makes it extremely realistic. If you have never flow square ranges, it is something to appreciate. When you got in the "null" you get a combination a - n or something more like a morse code M. The colored airways with their SRs were something to behold with static from summer heat to storms. They were mostly fantastic in the winter time.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...