Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Help With FSRepaint

DellFly3r Guest

Hello guys. I need some serious help. I own FS Repaint by Abacus. This is my problem.

1. Whenever I make a new variation of any aircraft on FSRepaint, the only texture thumbnail is DAMAGE.BMP.

2. In other words, there isn't the thumbnail, that has all parts, that are able to be painted and edited. (ex. Wing, tailfin, fuselage). I can't edit the parts of any of my aircrafts when I make a new variation.

3. Please, if anyone knows how to fix this, do tell, and I do have the full version of FSRepaint, not the demo.

Pro Member First Officer
vlad (tiger7881) First Officer

I cant really help you, cuz i dont use this program, but you can try Photoshop. 😉 I tihnk its easier.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

DellFly3r wrote:

Hello guys. I need some serious help. I own FS Repaint by Abacus. This is my problem.

1. Whenever I make a new variation of any aircraft on FSRepaint, the only texture thumbnail is DAMAGE.BMP.

2. In other words, there isn't the thumbnail, that has all parts, that are able to be painted and edited. (ex. Wing, tailfin, fuselage). I can't edit the parts of any of my aircrafts when I make a new variation.

3. Please, if anyone knows how to fix this, do tell, and I do have the full version of FSRepaint, not the demo.

After having tried to view your problem from all angles I'm familiar with, I must ask you which Tutorial are you using?

DellFly3r Guest

I am sorry for not explaining well guys. I am not sure what you mean by tutorials, I am not using one. I am using FSRepaint Aircraft Repainting Tool. And under the help, on the program, it shows, that when you make a new variation for a type of plane, there will be different thumbnails. What happens with me is, when I make a new variation for an aircraft, the only thumbnail for me, or that I have under my new variation aircraft texture, is the DAMAGE.BMP. The thumbnails that I want to be able to have (these are examples for the Grand Caravan) are: C208B.T.BMP, C208D.T.BMP. Those are the thumbnails which allow you to paint or edit the parts inluding the wings or fuselage for example. Hope that explains better.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

DellFly3r wrote:

I am sorry for not explaining well guys. I am not sure what you mean by tutorials, I am not using one. I am using FSRepaint Aircraft Repainting Tool. And under the help, on the program, it shows, that when you make a new variation for a type of plane, there will be different thumbnails. What happens with me is, when I make a new variation for an aircraft, the only thumbnail for me, or that I have under my new variation aircraft texture, is the DAMAGE.BMP. The thumbnails that I want to be able to have (these are examples for the Grand Caravan) are: C208B.T.BMP, C208D.T.BMP. Those are the thumbnails which allow you to paint or edit the parts inluding the wings or fuselage for example. Hope that explains better.

I'm aware what FS Repaint is; regardless of which 'repaint program' you use, it's best to follow a proper tutorial. Posky have a good one but since it's written with Photoshop in mind I don't know if you'll be able to translate it into the Abacus program. It gives you a good idea just what's involved in proper repainting, (dead link removed)

At simvation I saw a tutorial written especially for FSRepaint about a year ago but don't know just where they've buried it. This link might give you a lead though: http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=repnt

One of my favorite tutorials you can find here: http://www.nemesiscom.de/

The illustrations in the above use PSP7.

DellFly3r Guest

This isn't a tutorial type program. I just want to have the other thumbnails that I need to have in order to color and edit the parts for new variations.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Well if it isn't a 'tutorial type program' (I really had to think about this one; I thought you're referring to a Typing Tutor) -- I guess the Help Menu in the Program just will have to do.

BTW... why would someone at simvation write a tutorial for FS Repaint? I didn't make that up, you know.

PS: Look what I just found ➡ http://www.abacuspub.com/freepress/AddingDustAndMore.pdf

IMPORTANT NOTE
If you’re not familiar with FS-Repaint, you can follow
this tutorial...

😀

DellFly3r Guest

I'm not trying to be an (exuse me) Censored , but I really don't think I needed help on adding dust and "other stuff" to my repainted aircrafts. If you can find a tutorial that can fix my problem, then "PS:" that.

Censored by Radar

DellFly3r Guest

Also, do you know how on the far rleft side. That panel with the different thumbnails? How do you add those?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

DellFly3r wrote:

I'm not trying to be an (exuse me) asshole, but I really don't think I needed help on adding dust and "other stuff" to my repainted aircrafts. If you can find a tutorial that can fix my problem, then "PS:" that.

Now you've scared me away. But don't worry, soon one of the MANY repainters who use FS Repaint will be along and do a search for you and find a tutorial that can fix your problem and "PS:" that.

I was trying to make a point and disprove your notion that FS Painter was not a tutorial type of program. If you don't require tutorials then you're a genius and shouldn't be asking any questions of this kind at all.

For what it's worth IMHO FS Repaint is rubbish, that's why hardly anyone uses it and you'll have a hard time finding "experts" who are prepared to even install the program and recreate your problem.

And let's not forget that there is a known issue with FS Repaint and certain NVIDIA drivers if you happen to have one of those cards... but then that wouldn't be of interest to you...

This is all I have to say to you.



Last edited by Tailhook on Tue May 01, 2007 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total
Guest

FS Repaint is normally used only to view progress

It is not regarded as a serious repaint programme.

I certainly don't use it to repaint.

DellFly3r Guest

Well, I think it is unlikely that my videocard is causing my problem. I can still paint the default aircraft that come with the game. It's just I can't paint my new variation.

DellFly3r Guest

I'm not sure if this helps you guys, but when I installed my FS Repaint, it said: D3DRM.DLL not found. And it wouldn't run. So then I downloaded that file (D3DRM.DLL), and put it in the FS Repaint folder. Then it ran. Do you think what I did could of caused my problem?

Pro Member Trainee
n9xv Trainee

Yes, the .DLL is a dynamic link library file. Crucial files would have been missing.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

n9xv wrote:

Yes, the .DLL is a dynamic link library file. Crucial files would have been missing.

I trust you've established for your own sake where the D3DRM.DLL actually belongs. If you haven't, try it, you might get a surprise.

I don't think it's a good idea to put it anywhere else 😎

DellFly3r Guest

Well, could you tell me where it belongs then?

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions