help help help me please sos sos help me load aircraft

Pro Member First Officer
mrkonk First Officer

I just downloaded a F-16 poker cards fighter squadron.I put it in my hard drive under program files\microsoft games\flight simulator 9\aircraft, I also copy and pasted the guages to the guages file and the effects to the effects file. please help. my computer is a windows XP home edition with an 80 gigabite hard drive It has a 512 mb ram and a pentium 4 processor

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You did it right, what's the problem.
If you can't find it look under the manufacturers name.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
mrkonk First Officer

I did that it still didnt work

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 Move the d/loaded files to a temp folder,then move them into fs9(not copy/paste)
Try that

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Do what TTT said then:

My Computer is an icon on your desktop, double click on it.
Inside your main drive icon is "C".
Double click on that.
Look for a folder "Program Files".
Double click on that.
Look for a folder marked "Microsoft Games".
Double click on that.
Now you have a folder Flight Simulator.
Double click on that.
Laid out are all the simulator folders.
Follow the read-me that came with the aircraft.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Most of the time you drop the aircraft into the aircraft folder unless read-me says other wise.

BashDaBish Guest

Some flippant replies going on here. Umm...

In all fairness to the OP, I have had problems similar to this before but with different aircraft. We all know how to copy files into gauges, effects, panels, aircraft etc but on the odd occaision the aircraft just does not register. I have not worked out why yet but no doubt I will come across the reason after trawling through this torret of information.

Very rare can you follow the readme as it will just say to copy all folders into the flight sim directory (which will overwrites the original folders).

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

BashDaBish wrote:

Some flippant replies going on here. Umm...

In all fairness to the OP, I have had problems similar to this before but with different aircraft. We all know how to copy files into gauges, effects, panels, aircraft etc but on the odd occaision the aircraft just does not register. I have not worked out why yet but no doubt I will come across the reason after trawling through this torret of information.

Very rare can you follow the readme as it will just say to copy all folders into the flight sim directory (which will overwrites the original folders).

I can't see a "flippant" answer but if you scroll about 9/10's down this page you'll see what you are looking for.

Radar

BashDaBish Guest

There was no offence meant.....maybe badly worded and just an English thing.

Thanks for providing the link. Saved me some trawling. 👍

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

I can sympathize with the issue at hand as I have had little or no trouble 90% of the time but recently was attempting to d/l a Vickers Viscount and got the texture file. Then went and got the Aircraft model as directed. Followed the 'read me's' to a T and nothing showed. I went in and checked all the folders on the install and it was all there. -Read the read me's again and was satisfied all was well. Made for FS2004, no problem. Gauges in correct files and all the rest. Even did a restart just in case. -Needless to say I never saw the Viscount and was forced to remove each piece by hand by deleting and then running a sure delete clean up of the free space as I wanted to make sure that if it would not work it was gone for good. --Once in a blue moon stuff happens that is rather unexplainable?? Having said all that I am never going to say that it could not have been some type of error on my part because I have surely been known to err from time to time. 🙄

Pro Member First Officer
mrkonk First Officer

THanks u guys I put all of your Ideas togeather And I finially got it to work I will now be sending some screenshots of the knew planes to fly away

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...