Boeing 737 Trouble

Pro Member Trainee
tim5686 Trainee

Hi, I have been flying the Boeing 737 in FSX, but whenever i have it on autopilot and ATC give me a new heading and i change it on autopilot, it only ever seems to bank very slowly. i then always get ATC telling me to expedite the turn. This creates problems on an ILS approach as the plane never banks sharply enough to line up with the runway.

I don't have this problem when flying the Airbus.

Is anyone else having this problem, or is it me doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
2robplaying First Officer

How does the airplane perform when you disengage the autopilot?

Pro Member Trainee
tim5686 Trainee

when I disengage autopilot, there is no problem, i can bank as steeply as i like. it is making me think that it must be something to do with the autopilot.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Normal bank angle with the autopilot on is 25 degrees. Turn rate is a function of true airspeed, slower speed results in faster turn rate. You should never have to exceed 30 degrees of bank. If it looks like you do, you need to begin the approach further out. Don't put too much faith in FS ATC. it's only an approximation of real ATC.

Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

I'm sure that on the heading knob, there is a bit at the top to adjust the bank rate

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

anonymouse91 wrote:

I'm sure that on the heading knob, there is a bit at the top to adjust the bank rate

You're correct, it goes from 10-30 degrees withe 25 being the normal setting.---------------737-NG

Pro Member First Officer
2robplaying First Officer

Conclusion=set the AP to 25 degrees max bank

Pro Member Trainee
tim5686 Trainee

Thank you very much for your help. Problem solved!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...