problem flying a simple flight using Flight planner.

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

Hey all,

I'm having a problem flying simple flight using Flight planner, and I'm not sure what to do..

Here's the situation, I'm flying from KEUG (Eugene OR) to KSFO San fransico CA, and I'm using the default 7373-800, and when I get into Flight Planner, I select High Altitude airways then IFR then do find route, then displays the route on the map to SFO with the Altitude of 19K, too me that seem awful low, but I leave it, then I taxi to rwy, then I take off, then gain some altitude, then engage AP with the nav switch on then, it flies for awhile then about 10 minutes into the flight it starts stalling and crashes.

So I ask you guys what am I doing wrong? Am I not programming the AP right or not fileing the FP or what, Can anyone give me some help either here or on PM or IM's.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Does this only happen when you use the Flight planner?

If you haven't done so yet, do a flight without using the FP and see what happens.

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

Ugh, dead-sticking it eh??? Well, I tried to do it without FP, and it did okay.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

n7xlq1 wrote:

Ugh, dead-sticking it eh???

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that expression.

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

n7xlq1 wrote:

Ugh, dead-sticking it eh???

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that expression.

Man, I thought every pilot knew that. Wink

It means not following a Flightplan, and just doing it on your own.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I would try a different route, using a different aircraft. Though the altitude of FL190 seems low, this shouldn't matter as you can always request another altitude once the one you've been given is reached.
On the other hand you can prior to dept. change that altitude from FL190 to say FL270. In that case if you level out at say FL250 ATC should remind you to climb to FL270 etc. - so I don't think this is the issue.

Had the problem persisted without you using a FP, I would have thought of overheating or GFX driver issues.

Now you say that this happens about 10 mins into the flight... it would really help to establish whether when this happens you are always at the same altitude.

Sometimes weird behaviour is caused by previously saved flights. A simple way to eliminate this as a possibility is by moving your 'Flight Simulator X Files' folder out of your 'My Documents' folder - just cut and paste it to the desktop if you wish. When booting FSX up again, a new 'Flight Simulator X Files' folder will be automatically generated but the sim won't have to struggle with any previously saved settings of saved flights.

It's worth a try.

Pro Member First Officer
Jim (jellrod) First Officer

You say you turn on the AP, but do you also select each of the following ALT, HDG, SPD and have the AT engaged? Just hitting the AP button will not fly the bird for you unless you have the other selections set and engaged.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...