Help again with ILS Landing POST SP1

Pro Member First Officer
Tom (cthiggin) First Officer

Hello Fellow Simmers,
Thought I had this all worked out and committed to memory.
Flying ILS - Set Nav Radio to ILS Frequency - Set CRS to setting shown in Route -
When I get ATC to turn such & such heading for localizer, I then turn on approach mode - leave alt & heading activated in AP - turn off auto throttle and adjust my own speeds -
The approach captures glide slope, and I descend, keeping speed in ratio to glide slope diamond on HSI - Get a mile or so from runway, and it just wants to take me into the ground - (immediately turn off AP and in most cases I am able to do a safe landing) -
In the past, prior to SP1, this and many other approaches have worked flawlessly using this method - (AFTER I read the many posts here and "how to do it right" - )
Am I missing something here or just "could" it be an SP1 issue?
Your help is "always" appreciated.
cthiggin

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest

500ft before touchdown autopilot should be disengage and you should fly the aircraft down manually. It won't automatically land you on the run way.

Pro Member First Officer
Heyjoojoo First Officer

Here's the best Youtube Tutorial I've seen to date:

Give that a shot and see if it helps.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...