Multiplayer Problems...

David_24sq Guest

Hi all,

I have a problem with Combat Flight Simulator 3 Multiplayer... well, as a matter of fact - mine works fine, it's my sister's PC that has the problem: When you try to log in on your account... it sits there trying to connect for a while, and then declares 'the account is already in use'. It isn't, obviously (unless i'm doing something stupid - and it's bleeding obvious) - as I've just created it. We've tried re-installing Combat Flight Sim, with the patch... and it still refuses to work. I thought it might be the anti-virus (We're running Kaspersky, and it often interferes with games) - but we can't really find anything wrong with it. Any help would be much appreciated,

Regards,

David.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
colateral Guest

I have the same problem. I use Zone alarm as firewall and avast as antivirus protection. One month ago I could log on server with no problem but now I got messeges "the account already exist".What the hell is wrong?

I'm having the same issue....keeps telling me that the account is already logged in....I spoke with someone at Microsoft Support, and they tell me 'their senoir techs are working on the problem'....however, they must not work on the weekend. I don't think that AV is an issue, or software firewalls. I 'think' I have set my router up correctly....but am not entirely positive....it's a linksys, if someone has some advice, I would appreciate it, just to make sure I put the numbers in the right boxes on the right screens, I found the MS Page that lists them. If someone else has a screenshot of what their router looks like for the triggers and port forwarding page, it would take that question out of the equation.

Thanks, Colin

It's not the CFS 3 Server - it works for others
It's not Firewalls - it's off
It's not Antivirus - it's off
It's not Ports on the Router.
My 'Garbage' Computer works too!!
My 4 year old's computer can connect to the game server, running win98 with 128 mb of ram, (I upgraded it to manage it to load the game - but not play it effectively)
I can host a game with my fast computer, and join it from the slow one, and you can play, sort of.....the one computer is slow....

However, I still can not connect to the CFS server through my primary computer.....and so STILL can not play online.

Colin

My Individual problem was a bad network card.

The NIC on my motherboard was hit by lightning years ago, and I had replaced it with a PCI one....however, I neglected to disable the original one in the bios of the motherboard.....only the device manager. Disabling it in both places cleared up the issue.......but only after I did all sorts of extreme things to my computer.

I hope this sheds some light on your issues.

Colin

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...