*****Multiplayer-Names for Online Flying*****

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) First Officer

As you know, Microsoft has really focused on and expanded the multiplayer capabilities on the default game greatly since FS9. We now do not need to register with and download IVAO or VATSIM files. Instead, all you need to do is get registered with GameSpy in FSX itself (under the multiplayer tab). It's a very simple (and free 🙂)process that will have you flying online in no time! It's set up much like our FS9 online predecessors, except, as stated before, you don't need to download their files and go through their tedious registration processes.

Registering is as easy as simply clicking "Multiplayer" in FSX and then clicking the "register" button. All you need to do is provide an email address, your desired unsername, and a password. It's extremely simple and the online playing is magnificent. Hats off to Microsoft on this one! 😀

That being said, I would like everyone to list their FSX multiplayer usernames so that we may all look out for each other while flying about in the online skies. 🙂

See you there! 😎

Mine is pilotguy44 (lol, i know, how original :lol🙂

Last edited by Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) on Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:43 am, edited 2 times in total

Answers 71 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Matt (mattdean) First Officer

Mine is warpeduk8

🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Add a list of sites to fly on and I'll make it a sticky.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

..a list of sites?

Wait I'm confused.. I didn't think there were online flying organizations for FSX, seeing that Microsoft included one big multiplayer connection with the game (which is the unsername i was talking about.. the GameSpy one you create in FSX itself)

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

pilotguy44 wrote:

..a list of sites?

Wait I'm confused.. I didn't think there were online flying organizations for FSX, seeing that Microsoft included one big multiplayer connection with the game (which is the unsername i was talking about.. the GameSpy one you create in FSX itself)

I've never used multiplayer so I didn't know what you meant.
How many others are the same as me.
A sticky has to be self explanatory.
Follow me? Edit your original post and we can use it.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Greg1138 Trainee

I'm "Greg1138" (how's that for originality??) - however I am having issues with using voice in Multiplayer.....sometimes it's there, and sometime's all I can hear is the engines....

Pro Member First Officer

Edit your original post and we can use it.

Done! I hope that's better RadarMan. 😎

Hawk_345 Guest

Well i dont ahve FSX yet, but i am getting it and my online name will be the same as i lsist here, Hawk_345. Hopefully i will be on soon. Also 1 question, i already got an acount with gamspy registered under HAwk_345 already for other games, will thats same acount work for FSX or do i ahve to make a new 1? Thanks, hope to to see u in the skys.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

pilotguy44 wrote:

Edit your original post and we can use it.

Done! I hope that's better RadarMan. 😎

Is this the site?

http://www.gamespyarcade.com/

FSX isn't listed.

http://www.gamespyarcade.com/games/

Does it cost?

Radar

saint4 Guest

No its free.

I'm viper040. - Session Host Name = Heathrow Airport

Pro Member Trainee
Flykid Trainee

I'm Domc327. My computer crashed so i won't be on for a while... Locaton NY (KJFK)

Pro Member First Officer

RadarMan... there is no site. Yes, it is run through GameSpy, but you don't need to go to their site or download any extra files. It's all self-contained within FSX. And it's completely free. 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Ok I see now.
Gamespy is a major multiple gaming site.
If I didn't understand it do you think all others will.
I may be a little dense but that bad...yet.

I'll make it a sticky now and if you can edit it with step by step instructions.
You're going to get many first times to the flight sim that need direction from someone.

Radar

nathan552 Guest

nathan552. self explanitory. area, kpwk

bobbygrow Guest

i am bobbygrow

Gugge Guest

Hi there!
My name is Gugge and my nearest airport is Landvetter/Gothenburg Sweden. (welcome to visit.)

I just have a question about multiplayer and how it works.
If I choose a server and log in, what's happened next?
Do I just take-of from that airport and do my own flying and have some radiocommunication with the radiotower, or do I get a mission from the serverholder.

I would like to try the multiplayer, but feeling a bit afraid to take that step and not knowing what to do...

By the way...a very nice forum with interessting topics and buitiful pics.

Though english is just my second language, I appologize for the spellings now and then!

Cheers,
//Gugge.H.

Pro Member First Officer
Murfi First Officer

Gugge wrote:

Hi there!
My name is Gugge and my nearest airport is Landvetter/Gothenburg Sweden. (welcome to visit.)

I just have a question about multiplayer and how it works.
If I choose a server and log in, what's happened next?
Do I just take-of from that airport and do my own flying and have some radiocommunication with the radiotower, or do I get a mission from the serverholder.

I would like to try the multiplayer, but feeling a bit afraid to take that step and not knowing what to do...

By the way...a very nice forum with interessting topics and buitiful pics.

Though english is just my second language, I appologize for the spellings now and then!

Cheers,
//Gugge.H.

It's like a free flight but there a different aircrafts with real people in them and you talk to ATC who are also real people, you just use the microphone and hold caps to talk. So you basically do whatever you want but most people get annoyed if you just take off freely, so speak to ATC.

Mine is Murfi-Tf.

Ok, then I know.
Thanks a lot, Murfi!

//Gugge!

lemonwonder Guest

Ok, I havent got my new video card yet, will be gettin it in 3 days, but when I do register my details are:

Username: Lemonwonder
Password: AHEM!DONT READ THIS!

My closest airport (10 mins as corw/plane flies but 40 mins on road) is auckland airport. Cant wait to play.... overexciting myself

I am Nitrony

Please add me guys so I can have some people to fly with - FSX runs awesome on my machine!!!

lemonwonder Guest

Whats ur specs?

If ya dunno find out here:

http://gameadvisor.futuremark.com/gameadvisor/service/game_index.jsp

Just click system scan, let it scan and then soon enuf it will show ur specs

VDDButtons Guest

Wow, only 30% of computers analyzed by the game adviser ranked higher than mine. 30%. Thats a small ratio.

btw, mine is VDDButtons

Pro Member Trainee
kbohme Trainee

i am kbohme on gamespy too
I fly the turbo-otter found in the downloads section
i use the callsign N-243AZ

what planes do y'all fly so i can download them too and see you as you wish to be seen ?

Pro Member First Officer
Matt (airbourne) First Officer

Mine = NH1990

EternalCry Guest

Hello all,

I have been trying to registered with GameSpy in FSX itself (under the multiplayer tab), but faced with denial of registrations.

All my entries for email address, username, and password are filled in when I click submit. The registration process is interrupted with a pop-up message that reads : "Your password must be less than 16 characters in alphanumeric format"

My passwords were in the form of alphanumeric (characters A to Z and 0 to 9), my IE settings were adjusted to medium security and firewall off. This problem still occurs no matter what I tried.

Could anyone help me on this, thanks.

allenranger2 Guest

EternalCry wrote:

Hello all,

I have been trying to registered with GameSpy in FSX itself (under the multiplayer tab), but faced with denial of registrations.

All my entries for email address, username, and password are filled in when I click submit. The registration process is interrupted with a pop-up message that reads : "Your password must be less than 16 characters in alphanumeric format"

My passwords were in the form of alphanumeric (characters A to Z and 0 to 9), my IE settings were adjusted to medium security and firewall off. This problem still occurs no matter what I tried.

Could anyone help me on this, thanks.

I have been desperately trying to do this as well and am getting the exact same message. I've tried different password lengths, alphanumeric, capital letters, numbers, nothing!

Pro Member Trainee
HockeyDude2424 Trainee

will be on in a couple days with FSX

Pro Member Trainee
gheib1 Trainee

pilotguy44 wrote:

..a list of sites?

www.fs-mp.com . Only mulitoplayer server I am on very professional and realistic as possible. Still very much in the organization point where we are getting the manuals written up, but I am about the get my private ceckride here in a bit to get certified as a VFR instructior. Also a member of the aerobatic team.

CaptBeau561 Guest

Mine is CaptBeau561.

Peter587 Guest

I don't know wich key to press to talk to other pilots or ATC can someone please tell me ???

Thanxz 😀 😀 😀 😀

Gugge Guest

Hold CAPS-LOCK to talk!

//Gugge!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Peter587 wrote:

I don't know wich key to press to talk to other pilots or ATC can someone please tell me ???

Thanxz 😀 😀 😀 😀

Download and print this out.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1333/fsx-controls-keyboard-commands/

Radar

kcmeyers1992 Guest

I am a real world professional air traffic controller and I have sessions on FSX multiplayer most nights. My connection is always great (even though it sometimes says it isnt) and we have a lot of fun. To join my session, you must act professional (no goofing off) ,you must have a working mic and know how to use it (Shift+capslock) and you must not start on the runway. If you are willing to follow these rules, feel free to join my session. My screen name is kcmeyers1992 and you will know if it is one of my sessions when it is titled...

{ (the four letter airport code) PRO ATC MIC REQ }

For example: KLAX PRO ATC MIC REQ. may be one of my sessions or it could be KSAN PRO ATC MIC REQ. if you get where I am going.

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

my user is, of course, pilatflyr, but you could've guessed. I'm on almost any night, so I'll be looking for you guys

Pro Member Trainee
Stefan (Steve123) Trainee

I´m Mav90

Pro Member Trainee
FlatheadSmith Trainee

Peter 587
(Back on 10-20-06 Murfi-Tf wrote)

It's like a free flight but there a different aircrafts with real people in them and you talk to ATC who are also real people, you just use the microphone and hold caps to talk. So you basically do whatever you want but most people get annoyed if you just take off freely, so speak to ATC.

Mine is Murfi-Tf.

Are the "caps to talk" the Caps Lock on the keyboard or the button on the microphone?

Mine is FlatheadSmith

Pro Member First Officer
Matt (airbourne) First Officer

Hey mine = NH1990

Pro Member Trainee
Donnie Jade (unitedintruth) Trainee

I'm "UnitedInTruth" from Olympia, WA. Flying the Red, White and Blue out of baghdad International Airport, Iraq. Twisted Evil

N707XZ Guest

FlatheadSmith wrote:

Peter 587
(Back on 10-20-06 Murfi-Tf wrote)

Mine is Murfi-Tf.

Are the "caps to talk" the Caps Lock on the keyboard or the button on the microphone?

Mine is FlatheadSmith

Pro Member Trainee
FlatheadSmith Trainee

I changed my online name to Flathead2 so that I can fly online.
CYa in the skies.
Soon to fly C-130E with tail number 63-1701 out of DFW.
Flathead2

GuestSponge Guest

I don't know why but no one here seems interested in answering the question why an error message shows:

Your password can only be 16 characters long and contain alphanumerics
(or somethin' like that)

Have tried to change the password into all combinations (big, small, wierd letters).

It have failed. I'm getting real angry at it.

It might be internet-language selection but it shouldn't be that.

-GuestSponge

Viper006 Guest

If your tired of the disconnects of GS DL the FSHost client , follow instructions and have a blast.

nick653 Guest

i cant seem to get a passward for the multiplayer it keeps saying it must be in alphanumaric format!!!! can any one pleasee help me Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Trainee
dbsfroggy Trainee

Does anyone know how to get the map up in maltiplay (Lan)
and the ATC.

Thanks

Somebody Guest

I'am FlintCountry1

For anyone looking for a more organized FSX MP session, without all the formalities of the BIG Networks, you might like to check out the FS-MP.com "Community" on Gamespy.

FS-MP (Flight Simulator - Multi Player) is a COMMUNITY Orientated group of Pilots and Controllers, ranging from virtual beginners, to experienced, real World Airline Pilots and Controllers.

The Community runs a 24/7 FSX server, as well as having a supporting Website, Forum, and active social Teamspeak Server.

Running FSX "out-of-the-box", without the NEED for any complicating addons, it provides a realistic and professional environment for both Pilots and Controllers.

The Community has its own Flying School, ATC School, Aerobatic Team, and well as a numer of associated VAs. The schools are open to all qualifying members, and provide a fast and efficent path to flying in a realistic manner, as well as to be able to provide Realistic ATC.

The Community hold regular Teamspeak Seminars, run by Real Life Professional Controllers, and Real World Pilots.

With a current membership of over 2000 FSX Pilots and controllers, new members are always welcome to come and join in a Realistic & Profesional world of Virtual Aviation.

If you are looking for a well organized, FSX Multiplayer "COMMUNITY", Visit http://www.fs-mp.com ,join the Forum, and become a member.

Pro Member Trainee
erik Lievano (elievano) Trainee

Sucks it really sucks

fsxfreak Guest

I'm FlightSimPilot2007

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Mines is the same name thats on here......... 😉

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

I have question about connecting to GSA. When I connect to it, I'm seeing no one in the rooms, either the General Chit-chat room, or flying room.

Is there anything I can check to see what I need to connect to it?

Pro Member Trainee
bwood Trainee

Im bwood29. Out of Charlotte, NC most of the time. Hope to see someone up in the sky soon.

Pro Member Trainee
first2run Trainee

Hey, my account name is battlefieldbrother. See you there!

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

razgr1z912

Last edited by Duncan (Razgr1z912) on Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Trainee
first2run Trainee

Hey, my online name is battlefieldbrother. i had some problems with windows xp so i havnt been on in a while. Anyway, see you there. 😀 😀

Pro Member Trainee
jewkid80 Trainee

im jewboy 😳 😀

Pro Member Trainee
HolyFlyer Trainee

Since installing the Accelerator pak, with I guess came with an updated Direct X version, I can't sign on to my muliplayer account. Says I may be logged into another computer.
did a direct X test adn got an error message: Failure in Step 9(creating Session) HRESULT=0x80158185.
Any ideas on this would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

mines acepilot156

Pro Member Trainee
noles Trainee

eliterizzo IM LOOKING FOR PILOTS TO FLY IN FORMATION WITH!!

Pro Member First Officer
Luke (warlord40) First Officer

Oh well spose I ought to...mines really hard to remember
'warlord40000'.Who would have guessed?

Pro Member First Officer
Orion (ollyau) First Officer

Mine is the same as my username here, "ollyau" (without quotes)

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

ollyau wrote:

Mine is the same as my username here, "ollyau" (without quotes)

What do you take the general flyaway community for idiots? We would know without quotes. Well if you do then congrats your 100% correct.

Pro Member Trainee
Dylan Brown (dtdb) Trainee

Mine is dtdb.

Pro Member Trainee
larry speerly (speerlw) Trainee

I am xxxlarry[/u][/quote] just call me Larry!!

Pro Member Trainee
Alex (VAC4250) Trainee

VAC4250 ( there's a surprise isn't there *grin*)

Pro Member Trainee
cnewborn5 Trainee

My Id is born4flight5 and cnewborn5, love to fly airliners specially the 727 I'm in San Diego, CA

Pro Member Trainee
Ed (fasteddie60) Trainee

I am flyinged360

Last edited by Ed (fasteddie60) on Sun May 30, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Trainee
Tom Kilpatrick (Tom12) Trainee

I'm flyingcabbage. Haha, I'm obsessed with cabbages but can't stand the taste.

CapMan117 Guest

I'm changing my name to: CaptainMan117.

DreamLiner63 Guest

When you on FSX Multiplayer go to any session that has a picture of a green Microphone. So click on that session and join it. To talk to other people, press Caps Lock or press Shift Caps Lock and hold it in to speak. When you done speaking let go of Caps Locks or Shift Caps Lock, and hopefully someone should talk back.

DreamLiner63 Guest

I Am DreamLiner63

DreamLiner63 Guest

Mine is DreamLiner63

DreamLiner63 Guest

I have seen massages saying that their is going to be a new Multiplayer on Fly Away so i was just wondering if you can still talk to people over a headset or a microphone?? Please reply back quick because i got a new Headset for Christmas but i cant use it since game spy isn't working so please tell me quickly cause its an Emergency!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and thankyou for reading this message

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...