Membership Concerns

To create a account your get this

"Only $5 for monthly membership"

That says to me that every month you are billed $5 for a total of $60 bucks for the years membership recurring.

Down the bottom of the create account page is

"Register Now! It only costs $5 for a lifetime membership!"

That to me says it's a one of payment of $5 for a life time membership so which is it they can't be both correct?

I just read a post of someone wanting to cancel there account but when asking the site for this to be done there ignored so my question is....... If you want to cancel your account does this site take those actions or do you in fact have to contact your card holder to have payment cancelled to this site before they will listen?

I have never been a member of a site that requires payment hence my questions.

Does being a member remove all advertising from the site?

Thanks to anyone that is willing to answer my questions.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

No, being a member doesn't remove any of the advertisement.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

personall paying 5 $ isnt worth it but i joined to be part of a friendly community where people were nice but recently those "nice" people left because of discriminating arogant people. but that is just me

CRJCapt wrote:

Thanks CRJCapt

JarJarBinks wrote:

personall paying 5 $ isnt worth it but i joined to be part of a friendly community where people were nice but recently those "nice" people left because of discriminating arogant people. but that is just me

Thanks JarJarBinks that's another reason why I'm not in favour of paid membership and I can understand a friendly community atmosphere. I left this thread a few days to see if the question about $5 life time membership or a fee every month would be answered by the site owners and it appears it wasn't. You don't get my money for a paid site if the owners don't respond to such simple questions.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

CRJCapt wrote:

Thanks CRJCapt

JarJarBinks wrote:

Thanks JarJarBinks that's another reason why I'm not in favour of paid membership and I can understand a friendly community atmosphere. I left this thread a few days to see if the question about $5 life time membership or a fee every month would be answered by the site owners and it appears it wasn't. You don't get my money for a paid site if the owners don't respond to such simple questions.

These questions have been answered in the past and Flyaway, the site administrator won't answer to these questions again in a million years. I also think that $5 every month is too much. Cheers

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

VegasFlyer wrote:

These questions have been answered in the past and Flyaway, the site administrator won't answer to these questions again in a million years. I also think that $5 every month is too much. Cheers

yes 5$ every month is outrageous to me but i got here long before that fee was enacted and with the lack of good d/loads if i bought the membership i would only do it for this forum.

FlyAway has slowly moved more into caring about money than the site and members. the simshack is onther thing i dont agree with but im not going to speak my mind anymore about this subject.

guest if you do buy the membership dont do it for the d/loads do it to be part of this great community (with a few kinks here and there) 😉

anyway...

Pro Member Trainee
Paul (W5PDA) Trainee

I can't speak for the entire membership, but I can add my two cents' worth.

I paid for a membership for a few very simple, yet important (to me) reasons.

Getting tired of flying the default aircraft all the time in FS9, I wanted a site that has a decent selection of aircraft, and was easy to navigate. Being searchable is a big plus. Occasionally having to wipe my HDD and reinstall the OS, necessitated a site where it was easy to re-download aircraft when needed.

Enter flyawaysimulation.com

While I'd be willing to pay a monthly fee for all of the above, being on a fixed income as a pensioner makes me appreciate being grandfathered in at $5 for a lifetime membership.

Having a few personal websites where bandwidth is metered, I can appreciate the costs involved in maintaining this site. 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...