Fly Away Simulation
Your #1 Source for Flight Simulators!

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Joystick throttle not working correctly in FSX

Robin Hutter

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:10 pm 

Hi there,

my joystick (Logitech Extreme 3DPro) throttle control doesn't work properly any more in FSX. Power can be set to between approx. 20 and 60%, sometimes it won't even do that. Joystick calibration works OK, RAW data look good. Everything works normal in FS2002.

Anyone got some clues???

Tia,
Robin <><

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:24 pm 

in fsx, go to settings and calibrate the stick.
Robin Hutter

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:22 am 

I calibrated the stick more than once. Calibration rotines show the stick is calibrated OK. The raw data displayed vary between 0 and 255. The stick works fine in FS2002. This ist *NOT* the problem! There seems to be a misfunction in the way FSX reads the raw data. I can adjust the three axes roll pitch and yaw, but I can't adjust the sensibility of the throttle control.

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:01 am 

FSX is the receiver of data... it is a passive device.

i.e. the worst that can happen is GIGO
jellrod
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:15 pm 

Have you gone into your SETTINGS and checked to make sure you have the Throttle(s) set for joystck? There are four Throttles. My joystick has two seperate throttles that I have to assign in the SETTINGS area of FSX for it to know I'm using the jopystick throttles and not the keyboard throttles. SO check in your SETTINGS area and ensure you have the joystick throttles assigned accordingly.
JarJarBinks
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:35 pm 

your type of joystick...

LOGITECH 3D

has a reputation for problems.

try unistalling the program for the stick that you installed with the CD that came in the package. then reinstall. or if worse comes to worst buy a new stick

i special ordered a X52 and it took 2 months but it was the best decission i ver made relating to this situation
"To Protect Life And Property"

GCFD: HQ STA. 1.
Rescue1, Squad1, Engine1, Ladder Tower1, Engine11

Airport STA. 5
ARFF Truck 5 Crash Fire Resc. 11 Engine 5
jellrod
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:11 pm 

He says it worksd in 2002 so I'm not sure its the stick (altho stranger things have happened with Logitech) I'm interested to see if the Settings for the joystick are set-up. I know when I switch between single double and four engine, I tend to forget to go in and change the throttle quadrant settings.
Robin Hutter

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:41 pm 

OK, Thanks for the suggestions. I looked for the settings that jellrod mentioned. OK, I'm trying to translate this, as I am using a German version, but I hope you get the idea. In the main menu screen I chose "Settings" on the left and "Controls..." in the "Additional settings" area to the right. The "Controller" itself is activated. Controller-Type says "Logitech Extreme 3D". Below, I have the three axes with their respective sensitivity sliders. These are all flat left.
The third tab is named steering axes. Here again, the Controller Type is "Logitech Extreme 3D". Flight modus is "normal". The 10th setting ("power axis" between "flaps" and "propeller" is mapped to the throttle control on my joystick. I deleted this, reassigned it. This correct.

So I guess, I am stuck. I will try to uninstall the joystick and re-install ist. I will post results here. And I will talk to my minister of finance (my wife) about getting a new joystick. ;- This might be a good pretext...
jellrod
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:42 pm 

gruss gluck mien Fruende
logiupdate

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:51 pm 

there is a new update from logitech for that joystick? Idea

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:03 pm 

check logitech website for updated driver.
Robin Hutter

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:52 pm 

Hi folks,

just wanted to thank everyone who tried to help. I'm not quite sure, what helped in the end. Uninstalling the joystick didn't work, because I didn't install it. So I unplugged it and removed it from my hardware manager. In addition I unchecked the "use joystick" in the FSX settings. Replugging the joystick, re-enabling it in FSX, resetting to default and re-assigning my F-keys finally worked. My throttle is working again. Can't tell what was the problem, or how I solved it. But I can tell you: I won't touch a thing about that joystick as long as it's working... Wink

And, jellrod, I guess you have to practice your German a little bit before you can really use it. Laughing

So, thanks again everyone,
Robin <><
noproblemo

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:34 am 

i never did know of logitech ever giving any type of problems with drivers or anything like that, they always seem to work on everything!
and i didn't see any improvement in the updated driver, didn't need it, worked fine with out it. Surprised
&/$:@)!

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:29 am 

First go to "Settings" then "Controls" then click "calibrate". After you do that click "Properties". A request to calibrate your joystick will pop up. Once it does click accept and then do all of the tests.
PitchBlack

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:29 pm 

it is important to set the Throttle AXIS Sensitivity to max. than and only than FSX is recognizing the whole axis.

Greetings
willie97

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:45 pm 

I am having trouble with the throttles on my fsx steam simulator. after a couple of flights i do a flight planer then wehn i am ready to go and being towed out. As soon as i leave the aircraft turns left only left throttle works. I havea thrustmaster flight 4 joystick
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:54 pm 

Clean out the old drivers and try the new ones.

https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/tflighthotas4-en/

Radar