unrecoverable spin in FSX?

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

Spin recovery is a staple of flight lessons. Typicaly pull the yoke back, get into a stall and with a single engine, the plane falls off to the left and nose pitches down. Without any correction, the horizon comes up and you're watching the world cycle round out front.

Been trying to replicate this in the default cub because they have a reputation for it. Only thing I can cause is porposing stalls by keeping the stick hard back and throttle at idle.

All game settings are at "realistic".

Anyone experience spins?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
slealin-neelin Guest

😳 HEY,
I don't know how to put a aircraft in a flat spin!
I just hope I never get into one, for I know not how to get out of one!
they sound like a dreaded diocese the way the old timers talk about em.
But, maybe that is a good idea, to practice how to get out of one.
Arent you supposed to get your nose down first if possible???

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

oldsamer wrote:

Spin recovery is a staple of flight lessons. Typicaly pull the yoke back, get into a stall and with a single engine, the plane falls off to the left and nose pitches down. Without any correction, the horizon comes up and you're watching the world cycle round out front.

Been trying to replicate this in the default cub because they have a reputation for it. Only thing I can cause is porposing stalls by keeping the stick hard back and throttle at idle.

All game settings are at "realistic".

Anyone experience spins?

To initiate a spin the 'safe' way is to put the nose up as if to perform a stall, pull throttle out (or keep it in but it will take longer), keep pulling back on the stick holding the nose up and at near the point of stall use full right or left rudder and hold the controls like this until you spin. To recover pull back on throttle (if applicable) let stick fall neutral, and apply opposite rudder to the direction of the spin. That's real life, whether the sim does this or not I'm not sure. Flat spins are totally different and are difficult to achieve in small g/a aircraft.

stealin-neelin Guest

The only thing I can get out of em is that , some kinda forces ?
and its just about impossible to move the yoke or somethin or rudder pedals?????

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

Thanks faust

Chop throttle and kick rudder hard left in a stall gets the cub into a vertical spin with lots of buffiting (reminds me of riding a green horse). Recovery is just centering control surfaces.

Weee.. how much fun is this!! Came out 300' agl straight an level INVERTED. Didn't think the cub could do that!

porchmonkee Guest

A flat spin is characterized by flat pitch, The aircraft is HORIZONTAL, and is usually caused by the aircraft's center of gravity being to far aft. It is very difficult to recover from a flat spin because there is little or no smooth airflow over the control surfaces!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...