FSX Freezes

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

I've just installed FSX on XP after ditching Vista and all went well untill i installed fsx sp1, now i have 2 problems :-
1-If i stay in cockpit mode on selecting a flight, the cockpit will remain but the outside just becomes a black screen
2-If i switch to outside view the sim freezes and i get a loud buzzing noise.
I am about to burn my copy of FSX deluxe Evil or Very Mad .
System specs
AMD 3200
XP
2 GB RAM
160 GB HD
Nvidia 7600GT 3DDR Graphics 256 MB
P.S any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You should defrag before and after installing.

Try cleaning out the old video drivers and loading new ones.
If that doesn't cut it delete SP1 and see how she flies.

Radar

FlytheFriendly Guest

Just exactly how did you DITCH VISTA? Uninstall from an upgrade? Native? When you brougt XP up, I'm assuming you've got all of the SP2. So, how many times have you installed/uninstalled FSX and SP1? ❓

System restore points? Yes, NO?????????

sound like a graphics card driver problem.

no big deal, just go to the vendor site and download the latest version.

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Thanks for all your replies gents,RM i cant find a way to uninstall sp1,i ditched Vista by taking it to a shop and having it removed and XP re-installed, i did a system restore to no avail so put it back and as for the graphics drivers it mentions international versions and XP this and that and the site is a bit confusing!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Thank you RadarMan for all your efforts it really is appreciated.

We had similar problems and did the following radical fix.
1. Bought a SATA hard Drive
2. Bought XP HOME (It installs a lot less junk than Pro)
3. Installed XP Home as a dual boot as absolute minimum install on SATA Drive
4.Installed only XP, Motherboard drivers, Video Drivers Audio Driver, and Joy stick drivers
5. Installed FSX and FSX sp1
6. Went in device manager and disabled all the hardware drivers like my Modem that I would not be using when flying FSX
7. Run Virus scan etc. of this drive every night from XP Pro alternate boot
8. defraged new drive

FSX Now runs smooth as silk loads fast etc. . . Only run this program and explorer to down load drivers in this boot

I f you have driver updates or reinstall totally remove old drivers first before installing new or replacement drivers,

Bob Benson

Welshflyer wrote:

I've just installed FSX on XP after ditching Vista and all went well untill i installed fsx sp1, now i have 2 problems :-
1-If i stay in cockpit mode on selecting a flight, the cockpit will remain but the outside just becomes a black screen
2-If i switch to outside view the sim freezes and i get a loud buzzing noise.
I am about to burn my copy of FSX deluxe Evil or Very Mad .
System specs
AMD 3200
XP
2 GB RAM
160 GB HD
Nvidia 7600GT 3DDR Graphics 256 MB
P.S any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...