Fsx standard version

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

I have the standard version but see a grumman goose and a maule aircraft which are not in my aircraft menu but are in my simobjects aircraft folder is there any way I can get these aircraft to be selectable with the vc and all and is it legal or is this only allowed to be flown in the deluxe version

Thanks very much help is greatly appreciated

Cheers

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't know what's in the folders but I doubt that you will be able to fix it and fly it.

Radar

there is a goose down load somewhere. i have seen it. you better do a search.

aired Guest

😂 are you sure theres a plane in the goose and maule folder,?
its probaly AI aircraft, get airedit , flightsim. file name i think is "aired.zip"
unzip to a folder you make in your documents, and run the exe and open the aircrafts .AIR file(make sure you back up,make copy of the .air file)
and were you see (105)aircraft type=2 . klick on it and a lil window pops up with 2 in it, replace with 0 , (zero for flyable, 1 for helicopter, 2 for nonflyable) press "enter on your keyboard to enter the new value, save like ya do with notepad. exit aired. and fire up FS and you should see your aircraft!!
you may have to alias a panel for it and some sound 😂

can i copy a plane from a deluxe version and paste it into the standard version? would it work ?

don'tseeynot Guest

don't see why not!
did that with the fs2002pro version into fs2002 regular. but, ya hadto reedit the gps and sometimes the radio stack in panel.cfg!
i don't know what the diff. is between fsx standard and deluxe!
and you had get the gauges for the aircrat too ! 😂

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

The planes that are included with Deluxe, and not Standard, are available for download either here, or avsim.com - The planes like the Maule, Goose, etc in your simobjects/airplanes folder, are for AI use only.

Pro Member Trainee
CAFedm Trainee

In FSX, aircraft without a PANEL folder become AI-only. Try moving the panel out of one of the flyable planes (to a safe place of course) and see what happens.

Simply find a substitute panel, add the necessary folder inside the aircraft's main folder, and it will appear on the aircraft selection menu. You will also be able to fly it.

i.am.a.jerk Guest

I didn't know that about FSX! sure different from previus releases.
but how does it make the aircraft a AI craft?????
don't you have to add it to to your flight plans or traffic.bgl aircrafts txt????

Pro Member Trainee
ken (kennwaskiewicz) Trainee

i also have standard version.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...