Steep Approaches

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Wow I just flew an ILS approach at London City airport. I didn't realise the approach was so steep.

This screenshot was taken when I was 3 miles out and I had just started the descent from 2500ft with a 8kt crosswind. The A/P couldn't keep up and I had to fly the final approach manually.

Does anybody know any other steep approaches?

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
looks steep? Guest

😳 wow, it does look steep by the pic..
are you sure that you set your alt. rite???
and do you know were the DME is located at london???
happy flying 😀

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

I've just had a look on wikipedia. It used to have a glideslope of 7.5 degrees and is now 5.5 degrees 😳 😳

whats that box on the top left and how u get it there?

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

That is radar contact. An alternative ATC.

Pro Member Trainee
captainsimon Trainee

I have flown the 737 into LCY, had to use speedbrakes on approach to slow the bird down.

The best A/C to fly into LCY is the Lear.

Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

I was flying from Heathrow, doing a touch and go at London City then back to Heathrow online in a 787. Went a bit too fast so had to lift up before hitting the Thames!

Pro Member First Officer
lionlicker First Officer

Try SEMA runway 19 at night (I was given runway 19 approach by the ATC --- yeah right!!!) Only had the gps to navigate my approach, and was peering out the window into the inky blackness trying not to hit the hills. Ended up having to defy the ATC and land on runway 01.

Doyley wrote:

That is radar contact. An alternative ATC.

im sorry but how do u get it there. im kinda new to fsx and am still learning

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...