How to restore deleted aircraft?

Pro Member Trainee
nickandlisa1980 Trainee

I accidentally deleted some default FSX aircraft out of the aircraft folder.
Is there any way I can restore the default aircraft without entirely reinstalling FSX?

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

Check your recycling bin, If they are not there re-install it.

Pro Member Trainee
nickandlisa1980 Trainee

Already emptied, is there no way to restore them? I really don't want to reinstall, as that would Also mean I would have to reinstall my addons and sp 1.

canyoudo Guest

is it possible to do a modify with the fsx install disk??????
and you pick what to install?
or you could explore the disks for them(a hourly time consuming headache)

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

Mabey you can get someone to download them into a folder for you and then you can get them that way. Other that that Re-installing is the only way I know.

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Which A/C have you lost?

Pro Member Trainee
nickandlisa1980 Trainee

thanks for the replies, I am just going to reinstall, doing that now.

i think there is an option to repair

Dalex64 Guest

Yes, there is a repair option. I just used it the other day because my autopilot went all funky and wouldn't do LNAV, just VNAV.

Just put in the first cd, hit repair.

Then, re-run FSX SP1.

If you used the small texture pack, you will have to re-apply that.

It left everything in my modules folder alone, so I did not have to re-install fsuipc or fsinn. It might be a good idea to copy your modules folder anyway, just in case.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...