System Restore affecting FS9

Pro Member First Officer
beroun First Officer

Hi,

Recently I had to do system restore on my PC (Vista) and it affected my FS9. At least I noted that Scenery.cfg file was changed, had some entries missing. Apparetly older version filtered in from the shaddow copies?

Does anyone know which files in FS folder besides Scenery.cfg are affected after doing system restore. I am afraid that my FS is not at its latest and would like to update the relevant files from my backup.

Many thanks
Peter

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
beroun First Officer

Me again,
disaster, many of my aircraft cfg files are missing also...........

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If it's the default aircraft that have missing parts then drop in disk #1 and choose repair.

Let us know how you do, good luck.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
beroun First Officer

Thanks,
It is actually not the default aircraft, missing parts of the folders. It is the aircraft I obtained (downloaded) after the date to which my PC restored itself (about a month ago). So, the aircraft I got in the last month had stripped Aircraft.cfg files.
Also my scenery.cfg file was changed to the file I had a month ago, so all the scenery I loaded in the last month had to be reloaded.
I seem to be OK now after reloading the scenery and the aircraft files from the back-up I have.
Interesting though that the PC restore does this to FS. Apparently components of the FS files are held as shadow copies and these (old files)are placed back to FS when the restore takes place. Additionally, for some reason the Aircraft.cfg files are stripped from aircraft files obtained after the last restore point date (interestingly the .air files in aircraft file stay?)
Thanks god for the back-up I have. Recommended to all.
Thanks again for looking into this one.
Regards,
Peter

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Too bad that had to happen.
I guess the only thing to do is reload the ones that are missing and know that if there is a next time you'll know what to expect.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...