Installation problem (Really odd)

Vlax Guest

I just got the game, Im running a vista computer which is compatible with the game. The odd thing that happens when I go to install it is it goes through the few loading bars in the InstallShield, and then it simply doesn't come up. It just doesnt show, I can literally see a program called 'Microsft Flight Simulator X' minimized, but no matter how many times I click it, it wont show itself! I reckon the solution must be really simple, but I just can't find it.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

I have that problem when I close the game down. It stays minimized and does nothing for 10 minutes.

The way to get it up is to go alt+f4 and it should come up and say do you wish to close the game out and say no Then that should take you to the game. If that does not work go to ctrl+alt+delete and click go to task manager. Then click FSX and click switch to And that should bring the game up. That is how it works for me. Hope that helps.

737flier

Last edited by Ryan (737FLIER) on Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total
Vlax Guest

Oh and I think it is only for Vista because when I go to try the game on my laptop the installation runs properly, its just that I dont want to risk melting my crappy laptop by installing it.

Pro Member First Officer

Yeah you typed that when I tiped my response. If you have a weak laptop don't install it on there becasue there is a limited numder of times you can download it so put it on your best computer.

Vlax Guest

Lool wow. Guess what? It worked out of the blue just now, except now its stuck after installing C++ Redistributable. 🙄

Pro Member First Officer

Lol, you keep typing a responce before I am done with mine 🙂

Vlax Guest

737FLIER wrote:

Yeah you typed that when I tiped my response. If you have a weak laptop don't install it on there becasue there is a limited numder of times you can download it so put it on your best computer.

I didnt know this, I will becareful 😳 .

Pro Member First Officer

No it is not really a bad thing I thought it was kinda funny 😉

Vlax Guest

Bah, this sucks, now my installer crashes.. Something about an internal error.. 😕 Maybe I'll just install STALKER and play that. Hah.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...