Smallest multi-engine aircraft in the world

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Introducing the MC10 Cri-Cri.
Designed in the early 1970s by a French aeronautical engineer Michel Colomban, the Cri-cri aircraft is the world's smallest twin-engine aircraft at only 4.9 m (16.1 ft) wingspan and 3.9 m (12.8 ft) length.

Here is the download for FS9. It's super simple to install or delete. Simply cut and paste the cricri folder into the FS9 aircraft folder and you're ready to fly, delete the folder if you don't want it any longer. No gauges to install or config files to edit. It's aerobatic and even has a virtual cockpit view!
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/3058/fs2004-colomban-cricri-mc15/

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

wow that is small, I dont think I will be flying that one. Not my type of aircraft. Good find.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Wow, it's an ugly looking aircraft but it has a very good range of up to 750km.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Someone even put tiny jet engines on one! Top speed of this flight was 240 km/hour (150 mph).

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Someone posted a video a while back...

Pro Member First Officer
cheezyflier First Officer

all of you are wrong. the smallest aircraft, was also flown by the youngest pilot. it was a homebuilt, see below:

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

I don't think you read it properly...

the Cri-cri aircraft is the world's smallest twin-engine aircraft

Pro Member First Officer

if you look at the photo, there us a lawn mower engine on the back with a fan blade propeller for forward propulsion, and 2 cox model airplaine engines on the wingtips to help with lift. this indeed makes it multi-engined.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

cheezyflier wrote:

if you look at the photo, there us a lawn mower engine on the back with a fan blade propeller for forward propulsion, and 2 cox model airplaine engines on the wingtips to help with lift. this indeed makes it multi-engined.

That's from a movie... it doesn't really fly. I get the joke. 😂
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Flyer_%28film%29

Pro Member First Officer

just the fact that you posted the link to wikipedia made my day.
thank you for the awesome laugh 😂

Pro Member Trainee
DF112 Trainee

Thanks for the link. I really enjoy flying the Cri-Cri - it's very reponsive to the controls - but it's a bit of a sod to land. Maybe I'm used to vintage taildraggers, but I've just crashed it seven times in a row.

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

man there going to be some huge wind storm and just blow that plane over. Its just waiting to happen.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

huge wind? how about slight breeze.... that thing doesn't look very stable to me. I'd take my chances with the radio flyer first. Those things are indestructible.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

belgeode wrote:

huge wind? how about slight breeze.... that thing doesn't look very stable to me. I'd take my chances with the radio flyer first. Those things are indestructible.

ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

DF112 wrote:

Thanks for the link. I really enjoy flying the Cri-Cri - it's very reponsive to the controls - but it's a bit of a sod to land. Maybe I'm used to vintage taildraggers, but I've just crashed it seven times in a row.

60 KIAS works well for landing. I use the VC view, set to 87%. This allows a good view of the runway and the airspeed indicator. You can use Shift+(-/+) to change the VC view by small increments.

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

What an excellent simulation it is and such fun to fly. The detail is excellent and a pleasure to be with.. Not sure what EGLL would have thought had my sim landing been done by the real thing - 3 widebodies were held for my approach to 9L!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...