N00b A.I Traffic Question

Pro Member Trainee
DJNocturnal Trainee

So i'm starting to learn how to make my own flight plans for ai aircraft...my question is how do i get the AC Type? its not in the aircraft.cfg, where do i get it from? do i just make one up?
here is an example of a flight plan for a b-52 ai package:

AC#335 B52HUS 15% 4Hr IFR 00:00:00

the B52HUS is what i'm talking about.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
CAFedm Trainee

Open the aircraft.cfg within the aircraft's main folder (using MS Notepad). Look for an entry such as below:

[fltsim.0]
title=B52HUS
sim=B52H
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=SAC
ui_variation=USAF
ui_manufacturer=Boeing
ui_type=B-52H
atc_airline=
description=
atc_id=

OK, so I fictition-alized it a bit to try to get something close to what you may be looking at. The main thing to be concerned with is what follows the "title=" entry. Copy & paste the bolded part EXACTLY as it is into your aircraft.txt folder (which you already know about). Aircraft # ("335") denotes which aircraft follows which flightplan - if you open your flightplans.txt document, look for "AC#335," and you will find (and can edit if desired) the flightplans designated for this particular aircraft. You can of course change the aircraft # but then the corresponding aircraft# in flightplans.txt needs to be changed to match it.

Pro Member Trainee
DJNocturnal Trainee

haha thanks, i got it all figured out now, i didn't realize you had to make up your own tail number, got it all working now tho!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...