Missing / Corrupt Files

Pro Member Trainee
Al (Al312) Trainee

Hello,
When starting FSX I get 2 dialog boxes relating to missing or corrupt files.  How they got this way, I have no idea.  The dialog boxes read:

SCENERY.CFG file error.  Invalid Remote scenery path in scenery Area 110. Click OK to continue.

SCENERY.CFG file error.  Local scenery directory (..\..\..\users\customer\desktop\Margarita Fsx\SCENERY) in scenery area 123 not found.  Click OK to continue,

In both cases the program will continue to boot and be useable by clicking OK.  My question is: Can these files be replaced and/or fixed?  If so, how?

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If they are default files then you can just put disk 1 into your caddy and run repair.
They are most likely add-on scenery that you loaded at some time.
You would have to find that download scenery that you added and see if you can find the missing files in them.
Personaly I have had that in some installs of FSX on my computers, I just hit OK like you did and continued.
The chance of your noticing them missing while you fly is very small.

Radar

Enko Guest

Other choice is to open the scery.cfg file and search for the files
1. MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR SCENERY.CFG
2. search for the offending items eg Area.123 in notepad or notepad++ note the period between the Area and the number.
3. remove the offending areas eg
                [Area.123]
                Title=UK2000 Birmingham Xtreme
                 local=D:\FSX\UK2000 Scenery\UK2000 Birmingham Xtreme
                 Active=TRUE
                 Layer=123

4. Save file

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...