corrupt save file

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

hi guys,

the last few days i've been having a problem loading up flight sim, getting the rror message: 'the requested flight file is corrupt or can't be found'. i can load up the sim from the save file, but not 'the normal way'. i've created new default flights with unique names in various aircraft with various weather and various sceneries so what could be causing this problem?

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

What's the "save file"?

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

the "default flight"

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Ok Idea

So what's the 'the normal way'?

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

double clicking the main FS icon situated either on the desktop, quickstart menu or start menu (either as quick link or full path ofprograms > microsoft games > fs2004).

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Have you tried 'Reset Defaults' accessible via the Start Menu?

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

since i do not have the default 172 it also kills FS on 'normal' start-up using that method.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

What do you mean by "'normal' start-up"? I don't have that anywhere.
If the lack of your default 172 causes you problems, just grab it of the disc.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...