I'm just about to buy a new graphics card. Its a ati radeon 512 mb ddr3 x2900HD card. I believe it supports DX10 as well.
I had some queries on the same.
1. Incase I dont hv a Vista is it worth buying a DX10 card?
2. I dont have SP1 running with SFX at the moment. Will that make any difference?
3. What do they mean exactly by a HD card. I mean apart from HD support do I get any additional benefits?
4. If all of above are positive how much of a difference will it make to my frames on FSX?
I hv listed my current config.
My current machine specs are:
Intel core-2 duo on Chipset D946GZ
2 GB DDR-2 Ram
256 mb ati radeon x550 existing pci-e card
all the above on windows xp sp2 home edition
Kindly let me know
1. It is still a good card that will work brilliantly without DX10, but i suggest you get Vista and DX10 to unleash the full capability
2. Download it now! Fixes all manner of issues
3. Yes, and no, basically, it will play movies to a higher quality, that's all. As far as i know, no game enhancements, that's all to do with how fast the clocks and cores are of the card.
4. You are running a great setup, if you lock it at 25fps, you will easily get it. but SERIOUSLY DOWNLOAD FSX SP1! It makes a tonne of difference.
But my frame rates go terribly down when I fly over a busy airport. And in the extreme weather conditions its not even worth mentioning!!!!
All this in only medium/above medium settings
I hope buying the x2900xt will help my frames coz its 512mb card?!?
yes, and so will installing SP1!
I've heard before installing SP1 u need to uninstall all addons and FSX
How true is this?
true as true can be
Hey one more thing I'd like to ask is can I use the ATI tool to overclock the x2900xt graphic card?
I'm new to the section of overclocking? Could u guide me how to go about it? And what is the best possible way?
Well, I only use Nvidia, and I have overclocked my GPU and BIOS. But ATI, i dunno, soz