looking for help with FSX output to 8 screen

Pro Member Trainee
ricco Trainee

Can anyone help me ?

I need to build a pc and have 8 screen outputs.

Where do I start? 😎

If I buy a pc with SLI cards which will have 2 DVI outputs on each therefor total of 4 outputs can I split the screen res to another 4 screens using 4 DVI splitters.

I have been asked to put this together for a local squadron that will use it for training and are looking for 8 screens for viewing as many panels and scenery as possible.

TIA

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Saint4 Trainee

Why don't you try it and see what happens, trial & error. I think 3 screens is reasonable enough for FSX IMO.

Pro Member Trainee
bb42 Trainee

yaeh 8 screens seem like alot, maybe like 4 but a friend of mine spent over $7,000
for a homebuilt computer with 5screens

Pro Member Trainee
SimmerGuy Trainee

If 8 screens is really important, then consider using Wideview. Onr PC, no matter how powerful, will never run more than 2 or 3 monitore with FSX and SP1 at present. Wideview with lesser PCs is a much better solution.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Check out their products.

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/home.php

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
ricco Trainee

SimmerGuy wrote:

If 8 screens is really important, then consider using Wideview. Onr PC, no matter how powerful, will never run more than 2 or 3 monitore with FSX and SP1 at present. Wideview with lesser PCs is a much better solution.

Can you please tell me more about wide view or give me a link to read.

TIA

Pro Member Trainee
ricco Trainee

I have found this...

http://www.pcwb.com/catalogue/item/MATMIL92

.. which does show that I can extend from 1 monitor out put to widescreen (3 monitors).

Does the game allow me to take advantage of the widescreen effect to this degree?

So, I am thinking if this does work then I can at least to to 6 monitors from 2 separate cards like SLI. Is that right? If so what would you all recommend I get?

Pro Member Trainee
ricco Trainee

Which CPU will get the best results? Core 2 Duo or a RAW P4 3GHZ type CPU? Or should I go for AMD?

I also need advice on which MOBO to get that will take loads of RAM maybe 4GB or more.

TIA

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

ricco wrote:

Which CPU will get the best results? Core 2 Duo or a RAW P4 3GHZ type CPU? Or should I go for AMD?

I also need advice on which MOBO to get that will take loads of RAM maybe 4GB or more.

TIA

Most people have problems enough running the pig on 1 monitor - Good luck!!

Pro Member Trainee
SimmerGuy Trainee

Take a look at the Wideview web site: www.wideview.com

Pro Member Trainee
SimmerGuy Trainee

Sorry, the link is www.wideview.it

Pro Member Trainee
G0Nz0 Trainee

i think you need to go for nvidia quadro cards as they can support 4 monitors each

2 4500x2's and theres your 8 DVI outputs.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro_fx_4500_x2.html

hmm i dont think you can SLI those..

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...