How ILS Works

Pro Member Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Captain

Hi i know what ILS stands for and i know how to set it up

Its just i dont know how it works i have read its suposted to tell the crew and aircraft where the airport is???

but all i hear is morce code and and am i suposted to know morce code or something.

anyway plz respond thanks.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

morris91 wrote:

Hi i know what ILS stands for and i know how to set it up

Its just i dont know how it works i have read its suposted to tell the crew and aircraft where the airport is???

but all i hear is morce code and and am i suposted to know morce code or something.

anyway plz respond thanks.

ILS= Intrustment Landing System.

The way you set it up is put the freq of the landing rwys in either NAV 1 or NAV 2 then hit swap to make it active, then turning your AP on and switch NAV/GPS switch to nav, and it'll get you lined up in the Glide slope of the landing rwy. Its all the in learning section.

Pro Member Captain

What did i say i said i know how to WORK ils i just wanted to know what it does

and what the morce code means

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

The morse code is a unique identifier for each airfield.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instrument_Landing_System

Pro Member Captain

Thanks doyley i did'nt even fink about going on Wikipediai but thanks that was every thing i wanted to know

Pro Member Trainee
Splitdog Trainee

morris91 wrote:

What did i say i said i know how to WORK ils i just wanted to know what it does

and what the morce code means

Then don't ask anybody anything. BTW, it's Morse code, and capitalize your I's. Good God, man!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...