I recently purchased FSX mainly for the helicopter simulation part... I have already added several really nice helicopters ranging from the EC-135 and EC-145 to the famous Huey and Chinook... The question I have is this... is there a way to pick the helicopter that I want to use for a mission? Or do I have to use the Bell Jetranger for all my missions?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!
4 Answers
I'm quite certain that the missions are set and can't be changed.
You like choppers, try www.hovercontrol.com for downloads.

What's wrong with the Jet Ranger?? It's a great fling wing....
The Jet Ranger is kinda boring, too many flying around 😂 The Hovercontrol downloads come with missions (most anyway)so you could do that 😉
I like the idea of them but it would be nice to have a few more options. Also with the CH yoke, it is kinda odd as I get some strange inputs and I know of no Helicopters that have a yoke in the real world. I guess there are some joystick cyclic combos around though?
Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
FSX — recently answered
FSXWhat KMCO scenery add-ons are available for FSX?Compare four freeware FSX KMCO scenery add-ons for Orlando, including gates, parking, jetways…Read answer →FSXIs there an FSX demo, and how can you try it?Download the legacy FSX demo, see what it includes, and fix common installation problems on…Read answer →FSXWhat KLAX scenery add-ons are available for FSX?Compare four KLAX scenery add-ons for FSX: a full airport rebuild, lightweight update, AFCAD…Read answer →FSXHow do I start the PMDG 737 cold and dark in FSX?Start the PMDG 737 NGX cold and dark in FSX with the correct power, IRS, APU, bleed-air, fuel…Read answer →
Trainee
Chief Captain
First Officer