Request for short flights

Pro Member Trainee
paulchris2 Trainee

Good day everyone!
Would anybody be gratious enough to post some interesting short flights (from airport to airport). I would really appreciate it.
Paul

Answers 18 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

Las Vegas Mccaran intl to Area 51 Direct VFR

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Kathmandu to Lukla has always been one of my favourites 😉

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

Ya mine too. Most interesting and difficult landing at Lukla. Let us know if you make it. Try a small aircraft.

Cheers

Pro Member Trainee
paulchris2 Trainee

Thanks for the flights! You're right about choosing a small aircraft, the Lukla strip comes out of nowhere and I crashed my Learjet trying to turn around! Next trip is a Cessna. If you have any more little cool flights like that I would appreciate a heads up. Cheers

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

EGLL - EGKK

Heathrow-Gatwick

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

Tribhuvan Intl to Lukla

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

This is a nice little flight for you, Cardiff-Jersey(UK) approx 1hour, just enough time to climb, cruise for about 10/15 mins and then descend and land. 😀 Usually done in a turboprop.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Razgr1z912 wrote:

Tribhuvan Intl to Lukla

Thats Kathmandu to Lukla as i posted 😉. I usually land in twin otter or dash-7 and change pitch to make REALLY short landings 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

How about Westray to Papa Westray in the Orkneys - this is about 1 minute from one runway to the next?

They use BN2 "Islander" aircraft but other lights are ok too.

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

Well I am biased, but I've been running out of Springbank CYYC alberta (My real world FBO) to various local abandoned WWII airbases, try CYBW to South Calgary. Short but fun. Especially if you divert to the river and fly low along it.

Pro Member First Officer
Aldeeb First Officer

I managed to find a wartime landing ground east of Hawarden on the Cheshire/Wales border that I flew from during WW2 when being trained to fly DH Tiger Moths. I found it in FS2004 but I just can;t locate it using FSX. Following the river Dee was no use as it petered out too soon and I lost the only nav mark that was possible. The strip is about six hundred yards to the west from the river and in FS2004 it was clearly visible.

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

It may have been removed if for example it's no longer on any charts? That's the only reason I can think of. In Canada we trained a lot of allied aircrew during the war as part of the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan. Around where I live in Calgary Alberta and you can still see several good examples of these triangular airfields some active, though most getting to the point where they're no longer usable. It was a huge wartime undertaking with most bases up in a few monthys and expected to remain only for about a fourteen year period. It is interesting to see how well some have survived the years. Our international Airport still shows the ghost of the wartime runways in the middle of the present pattern if you look at it on say goggle maps.
Cheers

bnkexpress Guest

EBBR-LFQQ

EBCI-EGLC

LFQQ - LSZA

EDDE - LOWI

LTFE - LTBS

LFMN - LEBL

that should do it for a while 🙂 cause any aiport nearby these routes are interesting to practise emergency's, short runway landings, extreme weather conditions in the alps is pretty hard to fly in..try lowi with mist, manual flying.

Pro Member Trainee
Jonathan (jonnieb57) Trainee

Go to faaa (Papeete, French Polynesia) and fly quickly across the channel or to one of the other somewhat farther FP islands. Wonderful scenery, nice mix of land and ocean. If you have the extra add on for this area, all the better (this adds superb detail to all of the many FP islands and connected areas.

Bob C. Guest

I enjoy flying from LAX to either Catalina Island or San Clemente Island in a Cessna 182. About 15 minutes to Catalina and 20 to San Clemente.

Vernibob Guest

Right now as im writing this post on my tablet (in a state of lull atm), Im flying from INNSBRUCK -> FRANKFURT MAIN. in a c337... doing it VOR, real weather (payware), and loads of traffic and its really interesting, having to back course on VOR's and having to dodge traffic over the mountain range. Should really be doing this IFR but... where is the fun. Flight plan says its 1:22. but when i finally got to put the AP on and stopped sweating a little i was 40 mins into the flight. Frankfurt + no maountains should make it easier later haha.

Give it a go =]

C.stuckey Guest

Try king TIST to Princess juliana TNCM, about 15 minutes and can be done in any thing as both runways are extremely long I recommend 727 or A330/340

RickG Guest

Hi Paul - Have you ever tried a flight into Burlington Intl, VT? This is one airport that comes to mind when wanting a challenge. The approach to RWY 33 can be very tedious as you have mountains to contend with on the base leg, resulting in a very steep approach turn to final. I have captioned my flights into Burlington as
"Bad to the Bone!" I usually fly the 737-800 or the Bombardier CRJ700 and both do fine once you figure out the altitudes, waypoints and rate of decent! I have many flight plans saved and the ones into Burlington always come to mind when wanting a challenge; they definitely will keep you on the edge of the chair! Anyway, Good Luck and Happy Flying!

Rick

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...