FSX Realism.

Pro Member First Officer
Mohit (Mc_GaNgStA) First Officer

Hi everyone,
I don't have FSX as yet, and I don't think that what I'm going to ask works with FS2004 but anyways. After having noticed some real-life effects FSX has, such as the engines going on fire and sparks that are created when there's a tail strike, I was wondering about one thing. Has someone ever tried landing a jet with the parking brakes on? Are there any visual defects to the wheels or does it just slow down like with the normal brakes? I'm curious because I want to see to what extent the realism is. If there is something, you can post a screenshot.

Thanks.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

I haven't specifically tried landing with the pb's on but I know if you get pushed back with them on you will see smoke coming from the tires/brakes.

Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

If you landed with them on in a smaller plane, I think there is a chance that the plane would hit the runway and flip onto it's front, or else fsx would display crash before you saw what happened to the wheels.

Pro Member Trainee
krichard Trainee

i always do. nothing happens exept there are sparkes and smoke for a second 😀 ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ ❗ Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea 🙄 Embarassed 😳 😕 🙂 😞 Surprised 😂 Crying or Very sad 😛 Mad

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

I'm just glad when the darn brakes work.... 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...