Figuring out how to start flight with no engines

Pro Member Trainee
fupi Trainee

Is there a way to start a flight with the engines off? I haven't been able to figure that out.

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

There was a post on this before... and no, not that we know of... there are many workarounds and I believe the PSS (Phoenix software) planes have a "cold and dark" option... but the simple answer is no.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
fupi Trainee

Thank you. I appreciate the information.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Good Show Radarman!!!!

I stand corrected... off to download that now!

Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

you dont in fact need to download anything.
Load the default cessna flight, taxi to a parking spot, and turn everything off. Then save the flight by pressing ;, and in the save option box select 'save as default flight.' Now, every flight should start cold and dark.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I've tried that workaround Mossy... problem is I use many different aircraft and it is a pain in the butt for me to load a default flight then switch planes...

Radar... I tried that link you gave me... when I installed and loaded up... same deal... was engines on. no cold and dark.

The search continues, or maybe I did something wrong.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I've never used any of them.
They've all been around a while, if one doesn't work try another.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...