Adding Textures to FSX Aircraft

Pro Member Trainee
Tim King (Timerj190) Trainee

😕

Who knows how to add Textures to FSX Aircraft.

I looking to add Textures to the FSX B737-800, American Airlines and Others.

Who can help me ❓

Thanks,

Timerj190

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Timerj190 wrote:

😕
Who knows how to add Textures to FSX Aircraft.
I looking to add Textures to the FSX B737-800, American Airlines and Others.Who can help me ❓ Thanks,Timerj190

They are also know as repaints or Airline liveries.

Pro Member Trainee
jimmykass Trainee

Hi,

I've followed all the instructions, BUT it won't let me save the changes to the aircraft .cfg folder, saying it can't find it. How do I get round this?

Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Be sure that you are signed on as administrator.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

I've had this problem recently with HJG textures on FS9 and i have'nt figured it out yet 😕 . It's like something is missing yet it's all there (if you know what i mean), i don't have a problem with others! I even tried going directly to the aircraft cfg and typing it in but it still said it could'nt find it 😕 .

Pro Member Trainee
jimmykass Trainee

This is were I sound daft. How do I make sure I'm on as administrator?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

What OS is it and if your the only one that uses that machine you already are the administrator.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
jimmykass Trainee

Two of us use the PC, and it's Vista

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Vista, I can't help.
Let the other person try to to it while you tell them how. See if that works.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Captain

If you want it to run as administrator:

Do a right click on the item in question and then click properties

now click compatibility tab at the top and the administrator is down the bottom just tick it and then press ok

from then it will keep running it in administrator.

And also if that dont work go to security tab on the same place and make sure you have a black tick next to everything you should have a tick next to FULL CONTROL if you dont click edit then put a tick in the box then click ok again then it should work.

Pro Member Trainee
richardf1fan Trainee

To make changes to the cfg file using vista operating system, first go to control panel , the go to user accounts ,there your see if your adminstrator, if you are your see turn user account on or off, click this link, your then see a window with user account control , take the tick out of the box and the restart your computer. your find you can change your cfg files etc no problem!!!!

Pro Member Trainee
jimmykass Trainee

Try what richardf1fan says, it's worked for me, no more Orbit Airlins, THANK GOD, and thank you man

bfv123 Guest

I save the new cfg folder to my documents, then copy that to the folder. it seems to work just fine for me 🙂

rohit34444 Guest

guys i found out the solution to the problem u dont need any special program or editer to do this just follow my steps
1. put whatever text u want in aircraft.cfg
2.save it on desktop
3.finish with editing
4.replace the aircraft.cfg file (one in the desktop) with the old one
5 u are done

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...