Aircraft graveyards

Pro Member First Officer
art lippel (effieveda) First Officer

Does anyone know of a download for an aircraft graveyard? There are several real ones in the California and Arizona deserts. I have looked, but was unable to find one. Seems like it would be something worth seeing, loaded with old jets and Air Force planes in FSX.
Regards ... Art 🙂

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer

Thanks Cheeks,
I tried that one. There does not seem to be any aircraft located there as shown in the screen shots. I even flew around the whole area to see if they were somewhere nearby, but to no avail. Perhaps I installed it wrong altough I tried it twice with the same result, no airplanes. The facility is huge so perhaps one has to figure a way to place the planes on the field. It seems as though it would be pefect for all those downloads that will not work with FSX.
Best regards ... Art

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

effieveda wrote:

Thanks Cheeks,
I tried that one. There does not seem to be any aircraft located there as shown in the screen shots. I even flew around the whole area to see if they were somewhere nearby, but to no avail. Perhaps I installed it wrong altough I tried it twice with the same result, no airplanes. The facility is huge so perhaps one has to figure a way to place the planes on the field. It seems as though it would be pefect for all those downloads that will not work with FSX.
Best regards ... Art

Same thing happened to me , i installed it but no aircraft appeared and i have all 3 RWY12 libraries! 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Ok, i'll keep looking Read

Pro Member First Officer
Jim (jellrod) First Officer

I think he wants places like Davis-Monthan in Arizona - a huge aircraft boneyard. You can go there and get parts off of old planes for active fleets. I've seen them come in, cut off a wing or nose section and leave the rest. A great junk yard for some classic old aircarft.

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks again Cheeks. You confirmed that I was not doing anything wrong with the installation. Now all I have to do is find a way to get some airplanes there. 😕
Best regards ... Art

Pro Member First Officer

Hi Jelrod,
The Davis-Monthan facility also excists in FSX and it too is a huge place with no aircraft. Maybe someone knows of a way to get all those unusable planes (fs 2004 and 2002) as well as some older military aircraft to "park" there. Perhaps there is a program similar to Ttools that would allow us to do such a thing. I still think it would be a hoot to visit these places and see all those old planes just waiting to be refurbished.
Best regards ... Art 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Can't find another graveyard, try and use some object placer you can find and experiment, can't really help you much more 😕

Pro Member First Officer

Hi Cheeks,
I downloaded a program called Rwy ObjectPlacer12 and could not successfully install it due to a required, but missing download (msxml4.msi). However, the program looks like what I want. Do you or anyone else know of such a program compatible with FSX?
Best regards ... Art

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

effieveda wrote:

Hi Cheeks,
I downloaded a program called Rwy ObjectPlacer12 and could not successfully install it due to a required, but missing download (msxml4.msi). However, the program looks like what I want. Do you or anyone else know of such a program compatible with FSX?
Best regards ... Art

Is what you need here.

http://www.topxml.com/parsers/

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Hello RM,
Thank you for pointing me to that site. I'm sure it must contain what I need. Only problem is that it would appear that I would need the experience of a well developed developer. It sure snowed me. So, I guess I'll just give up for now. Maybe someone will come up with "Object Placement in FSX for Dummies" sometime in the near future. Oh well, defeated again by programming ineptitude. Crying or Very sad I'm getting just a bit tired of all the fs9 stuff. Where's the FSX equivelent?
Best regards ... Art

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...