What is the order of hierarchy of this site?

Pro Member Trainee
paulchris2 Trainee

Hey folks,

What is the rank of hierachy on this site. For example, you start as a trainee and then what, and why?, and how?. Furthermore, how to I add a giant logo after my posting - not the avatar, the huge plane for example?
Just wondering, Paul

Answers 17 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Rank insignia is based only on post count (the number of posts you write). It has nothing to do with Flight Simulator, your ability or your experience. It has nothing to do with your knowledge and is meaningless. Write good posts and in time your count will increase and your forum rank insignia will change. It has absolutely no meaning so never write posts just to increase the count.

First Officer:
100 posts

Captain:
500 posts

Chief Captain:
1000 posts

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

And you can forget the giant plane for a signature.... 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Jim Lapinsky (7ECA-Captain) First Officer

But I want a big palne signature too. Wah. Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

There is a limit to the size of your signature picture(450X240), see example below.

Reference: ➡ https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/22450/signature-size/#140904

Pro Member Trainee
kozine Trainee

I think mine is ok. Should be.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

kozine wrote:

Yes, it's 400X196.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

CRJCapt wrote:

kozine wrote:

Yes, it's 400X196.

Mine is too big but I like it the way it is and no one has complained. DO you think I should change it ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Cheeks wrote:

Mine is too big but I like it the way it is and no one has complained. DO you think I should change it ❓

If Radarman or Flyaway have not complained, I guess you're OK. I was just quoting what was written by Radarman concerning signature size.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

When making a signature you have to consider how difficult it is for someone on DUN to render that when reading the forums.
Not everyone everywhere has access to broadband.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

I like yours radarman... where did you get it?? Hmmmm?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

7ECA-Captain wrote:

I like yours radarman... where did you get it?? Hmmmm?

Check out the net for animated aircraft, that's what I did.
Finding a small one like this can be done.
I have a love affair with the DC-3, this was as close to it as I could get.
I'm strictly a GA flyer.

My avatar, was made for me by a friend combining 2 that I found on the net.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

When making a signature you have to consider how difficult it is for someone on DUN to render that when reading the forums.
Not everyone everywhere has access to broadband.

Radar

I'll keep that in mind, thanks Radarman 😀
PS: Your signature is also very cool 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

450x231 now, within the size limit 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👍 Well done.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

👍 Well done.

Radar

Thanks 😀

Pro Member First Officer

Well I think your douglas is great, I too love the DC-3 and have had some time in one in the real world. I was born before my time and would have loved to fly a C47 over the hump back in hte day. I am new to FSX and am currnelty doing some bum time in the DC3 in Sim. I also love the big four engined DC's propliners like the 6 and 7s. I read a book a few years ago that had tons of photos of older propliners still in service mostly in south america, it had loads of nice big photos of freighter B-17's DC3's C46's and lots of the bigger douglases. Nothing beats a radial engine belching smoke as it winds up to start. Love those inertial starters.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

7ECA-Captain wrote:

Well I think your douglas is great, I too love the DC-3 and have had some time in one in the real world. I was born before my time and would have loved to fly a C47 over the hump back in hte day. I am new to FSX and am currnelty doing some bum time in the DC3 in Sim. I also love the big four engined DC's propliners like the 6 and 7s. I read a book a few years ago that had tons of photos of older propliners still in service mostly in south america, it had loads of nice big photos of freighter B-17's DC3's C46's and lots of the bigger douglases. Nothing beats a radial engine belching smoke as it winds up to start. Love those inertial starters.

Oooohhh yeah 😎 The DC-3 is the plane that revolutionised air travel to what we know it as today. Such a beautiful plane ❤️

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...