Blurred?

Pro Member Trainee
Rifro Trainee

I've been repainting from photoshop 7 and when i save it in .dss form it always seems really blurry. I try to fine a better option, and the only one that seems really good is the sharpen medium option. Has anyone else had this problem?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

dss? why not DXT 3 or bitmap 32 bit texture?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Rifro I'm pretty sure we're talking .dds rather than .dss files for FSX. In that case you might need the NVIDIA DDS Plug-in from here:

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/photoshop_dds_plugins.html

@ belgeode, I don't know whether you own FSX or not. What used to be Bitmaps in fs9 and previous versions have been changed to .dds format in FSX to confuse us even more 😂

I'm assuming Rifro is repainting for FSX.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

I use FS9 tailhook so I have no idea what he was talking about. It was not specific as to what version was being used.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Very true belgeode, Rifro wasn't specific at all, I just happened to see his name in the FSX section so I jumped to the conclusion.

Mind you, it's certainly possible that he also owns fs9 and is actually painting for fs9 in which case your DXTBMP suggestion is spot on. Let's see what happens

😀

Pro Member Trainee
Rifro Trainee

Yea, i was taking about FSX, but after messing with it for about an hour I managed to fix it. It isnt blurred anymore.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...