Repaints, one side is nice, other is blurry

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

I didn't do anything differently at all for the right side versus the left side, yet the right side is completely blurred and the left side is crisp.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

If you are using DXTBMP to save textures, make sure MipMaps is unchecked. The MipMaps box is on the right side.

Pro Member First Officer

Chris102 wrote:

If you are using DXTBMP to save textures, make sure MipMaps is unchecked. The MipMaps box is on the right side.

I was using Photoshop, I changed the filenames from left to right, and the problem still stayed on the right side. Then I read your post and saved it in DXTBMP with mipmaps off, and now it works, the right side is no longer blurry.

However, I have a new problem. The aircraft I painted in Photoshop had dynamic shine, and it looked good, once I saved it into DXTBMP, the plane now has SUPER shine, it looks like the whole plane has been chromed and then waxed with 4,000 coats of wax. Is there a way to tune this down?

If I save it in Photoshop, then it's the way I want it for shine, but I don't have a right side!

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help sofar. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer

I reloaded MSFS recently, and now all of my panels and sounds work again, and my plane is normal shine. Whoohoo!

Thanksalot Guest

THANK YOU!!

Would never have figured this out on my own !!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...