How to upload/attach pics to thread?

Pro Member First Officer
Tom (cthiggin) First Officer

Hello fellow simmers,
CAN'T find the thread on how we attach .jpgs to our new posts.........I KNOW I have seen it here, but just can't find it.....................
Please point me to the right thread or Sticky.
Thanks in advance,
cthiggin

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Sorry, can't find that sticky ATM but you can open a free account at Photobucket first, you can store your pics for free and they also have an automatic resize function. Then all you have to do is copy and paste one of the 3 lines below the pic into your post and that's all. Which of the three lines it is I don't remember but I'll have a look and let you know once you've created your Photobucket account.

http://photobucket.com/

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Ok, just had a look at my Photobucket account and holy cow, they've gone all funky 😳

Instead of three lines there are four under each image and now I'm gonna try out which one it is -- see if this works:

Aaahh, that's better. Ok, it's the last (fourth) line preceded by: IMG Code

Of course, in order to attach any image to a post, you'll have to upload it to Photobucket FIRST. It's a good idea at the beginning to put the images you're going to upload all into the same folder on your desktop which will make it easy to navigate to once you've got your account up and running.

So, here's how you do it: Sign into your Photobucket account. On the page you'll be presented with there are 3 BROWSE buttons - just click on the first one and the 'File Upload' window which is part of Windows will open and let you browse to the folder where you store your images and finally the image itself. Select the image, click on Open (now you've been taken back to your Photobucket page) next click on the Upload button.

Ok, this procedure takes care of your uploading of the image(s).

How to attach an image to one of your posts I've already explained. Actually, when you copy that fourth line under the image you're gonna attach, you only have to click on it ONCE and it's copied, now all that's left is to paste the line into your post.

I bet this is all crystal clear 😀

Copyright is pending and all credits go to Tailhook. Thank you 👏

Pro Member First Officer
Tom (cthiggin) First Officer

Hey fellows,
THANKS - Now I know - and I'm going to Bmk this post so I won't have to ask again..............I just hate my "stupido" actions and forgetfullness at times. Thanks for you HELP and most of all, understanding.

cthiggin

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

There is some more information here about uploading screenshots:

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/11288/guide-to-upload-our-pics/

Good luck 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

I seem to recall there is a new site that is just for FS'ers to upload there FS images for hosting. But I forgot the name of it. I think it was an ad here or over on flightsim.com

You could do a google search and find it that way. If I find it I'll post it.

Found it! http://www.simbucket.com/

Last edited by n7xlq1 on Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Sorry, can't find that sticky ATM....

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Jon you ruin our friend's hard try for glory by posting this sticky Evil or Very Mad ....Bad boy Baby (Remember ❓ )

😂 😂 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...