Landing Audio

Pro Member Trainee
jtej Trainee

So my question is. I see videos of fsx and when they are landing the computer says minimums and then the feet from the ground as you are landing. Mine doesn't do this. Is this relative to the aircraft or a setting in fsx?

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

It's probably a added on aircraft to fsx.

Pro Member First Officer
Heyjoojoo First Officer

yep. these are addon features. None of the default aircraft in FSX have these announcements.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Check out these two posts guys:

If you're looking for the Project Magenta sounds, they can be found here:

http://www.projectmagenta.com/ -- click on 'Downloads' and then on 'pmSounds'.

From the Download page:

Please note:

* to install pmSounds simply run the Setup program and follow the steps you see on the screen, the program will create its own folder and a subfolder containing the sound files.
* pmSounds might not run with some sound cards when used on the same PC as FS
* pmSounds should not be installed within any of the FS folders, it runs independently from FS, on the FS computer or on a computer in a network using WideFS
* pmSounds requires FSUIPC

BTW, the file size is understated at 1.3 MB, it's actually 5.15 MB.

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

After digging around the second thread TH posted, I decided to post what was found. I haven't tried this yet.

[GPWS]
max_warning_height = 0
sink_rate_fpm = -9999
excessive_sink_rate_fpm = -9999
climbout_sink_rate_fpm = -9999
flap_and_gear_sink_rate_fpm= -9999

Pro Member Trainee
JG3Bulldog Trainee

an someone explain what FSUIPC is. Does is work with FSX and what exactly does it alter or add? I guess you need this to run the call out download.

Pro Member Trainee
JG3Bulldog Trainee

thx for the PDF. What a great little download...no issues here and definately add's a lot to the game for me. Thx again.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...