fs laptop

Pro Member Captain
Germán Campopiano (Oberkomando) Captain

Hello guys, i know i´ve been talking about a laptop almost for a year, but i think i´ve found one i like and one i can pay.
But i don´t know if it is enought good to play fsx. The new Vaio vgn fz150fe.

What do you think?

2 gbs RAM mem.
1.8 core 2 duo processor.
nvidia 8400M gt gpu with 512 dedicated mem, and up to 880 mb.

if you need more info ask me soo,

thanks a lot.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

its better than my out of date computer.but how much is it going to set u back?

Pro Member Captain

acepilot32 wrote:

its better than my out of date computer.but how much is it going to set u back?

A lot!!!, my laptop is not so good for fs2004, y run fs2004 at 10fps. Thats why i am trying to get a new one.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

I know, laptops are really expensive even though they are usually much poorly equipped tha regular PCs, but yours sounds solid. I also run my FS9 on a laptop but my graphics card is not that powerful as your future one. I asked if it's possible to upgrade the graphics and dude in the store told me it ain't possible. Why would you wanna buy a laptop?

Pro Member First Officer
cheezyflier First Officer

if it was me, and i had that kind of $$ to spend, i would buy a pc and at least get something upgradeable if i couldn't get something right off the bat. i haven't seen jlangevin around for a while but he was coaching people about building nice pc's on the cheap. i think a laptop is the wrong way to go unless your apt is so small you can't turn around in it.
just my opinion, ymmv.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

I am with CHeezy on that one... and I have built the computers I have, both desktops.

Pro Member Captain

Thanks for the opinions, well i am buying a laptop not for playing fs9 or fsx, i just wanted to know if i would able to run the sim well, better than my old one. i have a desktop to play the sm anyway.
No, it is not possible to upgrade the video card.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...