Now that I bought and installed FSX Acceleration Pack...

Pro Member Trainee
Ben (psalm10720) Trainee

Ok I bought and installed the pack. Now the menu's are screwed up. When I select a menu the writing on the menus is jibberish.

There is no way I have found to select radios or nav radios on the F/A 18. They Virtual Panels are sketchy at best.

What is DX10 mode?

To correct this do I have to re-install everything including OS then do I install FSX then the acceleration pack and not install sp1?

Did this acceleration pack install fsx sp2?

Did this acceleration pack instal fsuipc?

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Shut off DX 10 mode. It ruins textures unless you have a DX 10 card.
Yes on SP2
No on FUSIPC registered, it may load a new free version.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Ben (psalm10720) Trainee

I have a dx10 card but it looks screwed up. How do you shut off dx-10 mode?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

In settings, just uncheck it.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Ben (psalm10720) Trainee

after a couple of reboots it seems to be working fine.

Pro Member Trainee
widttf Trainee

i am having the same issue with the menu bar showing up gibberish. as does the ATC Window. i looked in settings for something about DX10 but did not see anything. i've uninstalled and reloaded several times to no avail. i'm also getting autogen scenery that "stretches" into the sky and when its really bad the plane appears to blow apart into polygons making the game all but unplayable. it never did this prior to the installation of Acceleration. anyone have any ideas?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This is the way I installed Acceleration.
No problems at all.

http://www.flightsimulationforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=5542

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Tom (cthiggin) First Officer

Hello Radarman and all,
I had very good luck installing Acceleration, not a burp, BUT, do have issues with DX10 mode......................shimmers at airports, straight lines just move like crazy, also, NO Progressive Taxi.............and the VC lights did not work..........but I found a fix for that................

WHAT "I" have found...............................it's my nVidia Driver/s - I'm running a very hi-end unit with a 8800GTS 640 meg....................
I have been told by "very" reliable sources that DX10 is still in it's infancey and Vista, and especiall nVidia, are still trying to work out the little idiosyncrousies............and "be" patient as it will eventually will all work out.................so, I'm waiting...............................

Radarman...............glad your's is working so well as many others are.......it's just many of us with Vista and nVidia are not there yet.

cthiggin

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Forget DX 10 for now, as you say it's in it's early stage and is all problems.
Soon we hope the final will be out but for now uncheck the box.

For those who are wondering...That box only shows if your using Vista not XP.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...