HOW CAN I ADD AIRCRAFT TO MY MS FS2004?

Pro Member Trainee
JACKAL1978 Trainee

Crying or Very sad I am dead serious guys and ladies, I am that PC ignorant but love to fly my FS2004. I want to add terrain and new airplanes, can someone help me PLEASE.

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

copy it and whatever it comes with ex: you have a folder with aircraft etc and effects. Then go in the microsoft games folder and look and you will see a folder named aircraft gauges etc. You simply get w/e you just got that says maybe you just got a new aicraft and some new effects and gauges. Copy the new aircraft etc and put it in the microsoft fs9 aircraft, effects folders.

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

use this https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/ it will help you and in no time you'll be adding aircraft before you know it and welcome to the forums

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

acepilot32 wrote:

use this https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/ it will help you and in no time you'll be adding aircraft before you know it and welcome to the forums

lol thanks I was trying to find some kind of post instead of typing it all out.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

We need to link it from the first page of the website... this is like the absolute NUMBER 1 question asked here.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

That above mentioned post the infamous "post1800" is like trying to read the bible in ancient Greek.
Come on guys, times have moved on Yes you're better off looking for up-to-date instructions elsewhere such as flightsim, simviation etc.etc.

It's fair to say that every flightsim portal has installation instructions these days. If "post1800" is so good, how come the newbies after having read it keep coming back asking for additional help?

"post1800" STILL perpetuates the myth that you NEED WinZip to ectract .zip folders -- HELLO... anybody home!?! ANYBODY!?!

Having to learn how to use WinZip makes the task for total newbies even more arduous. But then- why use a simple method when there is a difficult one to add to the confusion Hack

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

OK JACKAL1978, this is how i do it!, in "my documents" i created two files one called FS Downloads and one called FS Interim. When i find an aircraft or scenery i like i download it to FS Downloads. Now whatever method you use to unzip your files i unzip it to FS Interim.This way it's seperate from the original download folder and easier to see all the relevant files.
If it's an aircraft it could look a few different ways but normally you will have the aircraft folder eg "Spitfire MK 1", the gauges folder and the effects folder.

Move the aircraft folder to Windows/programme files/ Microsoft games/FlightSimulator9/Aircraft.

Open the gauges folder and copy all the gauges to Windows/programme files/ Microsoft games/FlightSimulator9/gauges if it asks you if you want to overwrite gauges, ONLY overwrite with newer gauges not older ones.

Open the effects folder and copy the effects to Windows/programme files/ Microsoft games/FlightSimulator9/effects

If there is a texture file within the effects folder then open this and copy the textures to Windows/programme files/ Microsoft games/FlightSimulator9/effects/texture.
Hope this helps. 🙂

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/31159/how-to-install-aircraft/#192281 ok follow that link and it'll tell you how to do everything

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...