Vatsim help

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

Well I decided to post here so I wont get chewed out on the forums there. I dont think it was a good idea to sign up at 1:00 in the morning. I just joined and made an account with vatsim and read all of the things they told me to and I think it went in one ear and out the other. I am having a hard time remember it. They give us ip's and I know that in fs2004 you go in and enter the ip in. WHen you join what do you put as a name? Your full name or your id or what? On their servers I saw like 3 usa servers up and their locations. IS that where you can spawn at and only get those atc services there or what? Also I read that some are voice servers what is that? I am not used to playing on fs2004 multiplayer just fsx and I know that you hit like cntrl to talk is it the same way in fs2004? I think those questions will cover it if I have any more I will be sure to ask you guys. Sorry if these are some newbie questions I am asking you gents.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

ok find your ID in your mail box for hotmail or aol etc... then find your ID write it down along with your password and remember to LABEL them! now go and start up fs and run the software you downloaded (i personally use squawkbox because its easier to use) and do fill out the forum for the IP address etc and then start flying.

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

acepilot32 wrote:

ok find your ID in your mail box for hotmail or aol etc... then find your ID write it down along with your password and remember to LABEL them! now go and start up fs and run the software you downloaded (i personally use squawkbox because its easier to use) and do fill out the forum for the IP address etc and then start flying.

Ok so I enter in the ip address in multiplayer area and put in my Full name under the name I want them to see in multiplayer or my id?

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

use a nickname instead of your real name but you have to note ther arent going to be a lot of people in a server.

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

acepilot32 wrote:

use a nickname instead of your real name but you have to note ther arent going to be a lot of people in a server.

I enetered the ip address I found online in the multiplayer but nothing showed up. Are those ip's for fsx or something?

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

ok go to vatsim and download squawk box 3 install it then run fs2004. when you have your flight ready and your on the runway(dont worry about rules) press alt and look at your bars look for squawkbox three in one of those and run do everything from there alright ok squawkbox is easy to use and you can download it from vatsim

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

acepilot32 wrote:

ok go to vatsim and download squawk box 3 install it then run fs2004. when you have your flight ready and your on the runway(dont worry about rules) press alt and look at your bars look for squawkbox three in one of those and run do everything from there alright ok squawkbox is easy to use and you can download it from vatsim

I got that but when I try to connect to multiplayer and enter in the US Ip it gives and I canT join, Its acting like I have the wrong ip.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...