SearchSearch 

SP2 is Live!

Pro Member Trainee
PhilTaylor Trainee

41 Responses

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

odd is this really legit. I thought it would be on the main site of FSX.

Pro Member Trainee
PhilTaylor Trainee

bawls327 wrote:

odd is this really legit. I thought it would be on the main site of FSX

I posted as soon as the links on the ms.com download site went live, would you prefer I delayed passing the news until fsinsider was prepped? I had thought the community would prefer to hear at the earliest, and given how much I communicate with the community I find it unusual in the extreme you would doubt me.

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

its from download.microsoft.com (thats the company that made the fs series). Ofcourse its legit.

Pro Member Trainee
Rifro Trainee

I downloaded, doesnt seem like the real thing, nothing came up after you clicked a few things in German, I think its a virus, scanning now, so I say wait till it 'officially' comes out.

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

PhilTaylor wrote:

bawls327 wrote:

odd is this really legit. I thought it would be on the main site of FSX

I posted as soon as the links on the ms.com download site went live, would you prefer I delayed passing the news until fsinsider was prepped? I had thought the community would prefer to hear at the earliest, and given how much I communicate with the community I find it unusual in the extreme you would doubt me.

How much you communicate with the flyaway community? I see you got 32 posts and I am sure that some of that might be from screenshots etc not to mention I havent seen you before at all but others probably have. I never said that I didnt doubt you I was just asking a simple question.

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

PhilTaylor wrote:

bawls327 wrote:

odd is this really legit. I thought it would be on the main site of FSX

I posted as soon as the links on the ms.com download site went live, would you prefer I delayed passing the news until fsinsider was prepped? I had thought the community would prefer to hear at the earliest, and given how much I communicate with the community I find it unusual in the extreme you would doubt me.

Where did I type that I didnt doubt you personally? I just asked a simple question. I also see that you have posted a couple posts etc and you act like you have been with the community for years and years giving people help. I am not saying that you havent helped anyone but others here have been here for years and their 2,000 posts are mostly helping others. I also see the rifo tried this download and nothing worked.

Pro Member Trainee
PhilTaylor Trainee

This is the first time anyone on this board has doubted any of my posts as being legit or complained. The only thing a link on FSInsider.com would do is link to the download on the ms.com site. If you mouse over the SP1 page links on FSInsider, you can see that.

In the same vein, I think suggesting any download on ms.com is a virus is overboard.

Pro Member First Officer
Orion (ollyau) First Officer

Hi Phil,

Are the flickering taxiways still there? Or is there a fix? Also, is there a way to place an Acceleration aircraft carrier using the Object Placement Tool? Also, would you mind explaining how you got it in the carrier missions in Acceleration?

Thanks

-Orion

P.S. I trust you.



Last edited by Orion (ollyau) on Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:00 am, edited 2 times in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's real!!!!!

He is who he says he is, download it if you want it.
He's doing you a favor, wait until next week if you want to but this is the official release.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
PhilTaylor Trainee

ollyau wrote:

Hi Phil,

Are the flickering taxiways still there? Or is there a fix? Also, is there a way to place an Acceleration aircraft carrier using the Object Placement Tool? If not, would you mind explaining how you got it in the carrier missions in Acceleration?

Thanks

-Orion

P.S. I trust you.

see https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2687/fsx-ai-carriers/ for the carriers.

The flickering taxiways are still a driver issue as far as I am aware.

Pro Member Trainee
PhilTaylor Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

It's real!!!!!

He is who he says he is, download it if you want it.
He's doing you a favor, wait until next week if you want to but this is the official release.

Radar

and the FSInsider link is now live,

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2796/flight-simulator-x-service-pack-2/

sorry for trying to get you early news.

Pro Member First Officer
Orion (ollyau) First Officer

see https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2687/fsx-ai-carriers/ for the carriers.

The flickering taxiways are still a driver issue as far as I am aware.

Thanks.

I am using the latest drivers from Nvidia (I have an 8800 GTS 640mb) What should I do now?

I changed my question a little. Would you explain how you got the carriers in the mission and if it is possible to use the Object Placement Tool to place the acceleration carriers? The reason I would like to know is because I am making a scenery for Flight Sim and in it I would like to place a functional acceleration carrier.

Thanks again

-Orion

Pro Member Trainee
PhilTaylor Trainee

ollyau wrote:

I am using the latest drivers from Nvidia (I have an 8800 GTS 640mb) What should I do now?

I changed my question a little. Would you explain how you got the carriers in the mission and if it is possible to use the Object Placement Tool to place the acceleration carriers? The reason I would like to know is because I am making a scenery for Flight Sim and in it I would like to place a functional acceleration carrier.

Thanks again

-Orion

I have nothing to suggest re flickering taxiways.

I didnt place the objects so I really have no idea what the designers used. Ask on P-12Cs blog at http://blogs.technet.com/p-12c_pilot/default.aspx as I am sure he would respond.

Pro Member First Officer
Orion (ollyau) First Officer

PhilTaylor wrote:

I have nothing to suggest re flickering taxiways.

I didnt place the objects so I really have no idea what the designers used. Ask on P-12Cs blog as I am sure he would respond.

I contacted P-12C through the contact form. Is the correct way to contact him? If not, please tell me how to.

Thanks

-Orion

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

RadarMan wrote:

It's real!!!!!

He is who he says he is, download it if you want it.
He's doing you a favor, wait until next week if you want to but this is the official release.

Radar

I think I would feel better doing that.

Pro Member Trainee
PhilTaylor Trainee

bawls327 wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

It's real!!!!!

He is who he says he is, download it if you want it.
He's doing you a favor, wait until next week if you want to but this is the official release.

Radar

I think I would feel better doing that.

as I have posted, fsinsider.com is now updated. if you examine the links there, they are the same as the ones I posted.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

ollyau wrote:

Also, is there a way to place an Acceleration aircraft carrier using the Object Placement Tool? Also, would you mind explaining how you got it in the carrier missions in Acceleration?

I think you should revisit https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2796/flight-simulator-x-service-pack-2/

scroll down a bit and start reading. I'm taking the liberty to quote from that page for stress 🤔 (stressing?) -purposes:

Phil Taylor said:

Dred:

correct, SP2 is for the non-Acceleration customer.

😎

Pro Member First Officer
Orion (ollyau) First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

ollyau wrote:

Also, is there a way to place an Acceleration aircraft carrier using the Object Placement Tool? Also, would you mind explaining how you got it in the carrier missions in Acceleration?

I think you should revisit https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2796/flight-simulator-x-service-pack-2/

scroll down a bit and start reading. I'm taking the liberty to quote from that page for stress 🤔 (stressing?) -purposes:

Phil Taylor said:

Dred:

correct, SP2 is for the non-Acceleration customer.

😎

Phil Taylor said:

Dred:

correct, SP2 is for the non-Acceleration customer.

What does that have to do with placing Acceleration carriers?

I checked that out already (blog). And, I want to make a Flight Simulator X Acceleration add on with the functional carriers. That tool doesn't let you share a placement/location of the carrier in a scenery file (.bgl).

Thanks for helping

-Orion

P.S.
Also, can anyone confirm/tell me the correct way to contact P-12C?

Pro Member Trainee
PhilTaylor Trainee

Also, can anyone confirm/tell me the correct way to contact P-12C?

via the comment ability in his blog?

Pro Member Trainee
Rifro Trainee

RadarMan wrote:
It's real!!!!!

He is who he says he is, download it if you want it.
He's doing you a favor, wait until next week if you want to but this is the official release.

and the FSInsider link is now live,

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2796/flight-simulator-x-service-pack-2/

sorry for trying to get you early news.

The link there worked, the one earlier didnt for me, however no virus, so i guess it just must of have not worked or done anything at all to my FSX that time.

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

Phil,

I read in FSinsider that this SP2 doesn't add extra aircraft to FS.

Service Pack 2 does not include the code updates required to use the new Flight Simulator X: Acceleration aircraft. You must purchase and install Flight Simulator X: Acceleration to use those aircraft.

My question is what good is this download if you don't get extra stuff with it?

Pro Member First Officer
Orion (ollyau) First Officer

PhilTaylor wrote:

via the comment ability in his blog?

Which post should I comment on?

Also, earlier (about 6:00 today) I tried to contact P-12C through the contact form (http://blogs.technet.com/p-12c_pilot/contact.aspx) Is this the correct way to contact him?

-Orion

Pro Member Trainee
PhilTaylor Trainee

n7xlq1 wrote:

Phil,

I read in FSinsider that this SP2 doesn't add extra aircraft to FS.

Service Pack 2 does not include the code updates required to use the new Flight Simulator X: Acceleration aircraft. You must purchase and install Flight Simulator X: Acceleration to use those aircraft.

My question is what good is this download if you don't get extra stuff with it?

did you read my blog post about what is contained in SP2?

Pro Member Trainee
PhilTaylor Trainee

Rifro wrote:

RadarMan wrote:
It's real!!!!!

He is who he says he is, download it if you want it.
He's doing you a favor, wait until next week if you want to but this is the official release.

and the FSInsider link is now live,

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2796/flight-simulator-x-service-pack-2/

sorry for trying to get you early news.

The link there worked, the one earlier didnt for me, however no virus, so i guess it just must of have not worked or done anything at all to my FSX that time.

glad to hear it is indeed working for you.

its highly unlikely any download on ms.com would ever be a virus.

Pro Member Trainee
PhilTaylor Trainee

ollyau wrote:

PhilTaylor wrote:

I have nothing to suggest re flickering taxiways.

I didnt place the objects so I really have no idea what the designers used. Ask on P-12Cs blog as I am sure he would respond.

I contacted P-12C through the contact form. Is the correct way to contact him? If not, please tell me how to.

Thanks

-Orion

I would just pick the most recent thread and ask.

Note, many people are already on vacation for the holidays, given we have shipped so be patient about responses.

Pro Member First Officer
cheezyflier First Officer

i know that it must be frustrating for phil, but i find it a little funny that someone doesn't know who he is.

Pro Member Trainee
Splitdog Trainee

bawls327 wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

It's real!!!!!

He is who he says he is, download it if you want it.
He's doing you a favor, wait until next week if you want to but this is the official release.

Radar

I think I would feel better doing that.

There's one in every crowd. 🙄

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

Splitdog wrote:

bawls327 wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

It's real!!!!!

He is who he says he is, download it if you want it.
He's doing you a favor, wait until next week if you want to but this is the official release.

Radar

I think I would feel better doing that.

There's one in every crowd. 🙄

I think you would be like me if your comp got a virus and wouldnt let you start up. I had to spend more than 2 weeks and over 300$ for gateways support not to mention I had to buy a new harddrive and get everything on my old comp to this one.

Pro Member Trainee
francois1 Trainee

Ye Gods! There some suspicious folk around concerning SP2. RadarMan are you going to download SP2 please?

You may recall that I queried whether or SP2 was actually in the 'Acceleration Expansion Pack?' I think that I will download it and see what my FSX thinks about it?

regards

francois1 😂 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

No, I already have it from the Acceleration Pack but I can't see any harm if you want to install it over itself.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Orion (ollyau) First Officer

RadarMan wrote:

No, I already have it from the Acceleration Pack but I can't see any harm if you want to install it over itself.

Radar

Phil said not to install SP2 if you have Acceleration

PhilTaylor wrote:

faust1200 wrote:

I went to install SP2 and it said that it can't install over accel. because everything in SP2 is on accel. already. I thought there was other stuff coming out on sp2 that wasn't on accel? I was mistaken?? I guess I'm confused!

correct, SP2 is for the non-Acceleration customer.

my blog post on Acceleration/SP2 indicated they were the same, and we gave no updated guidance.

-Orion

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Bawls, are you an idiot?

Phil Taylor is from the Aces Team... ya know, the DEVELOPERS of the very simulation you have been playing!

Its people like you who sometimes chase away the very people which we VALUE their direct communication with.

Do us all a favor, if you are not SURE who you are speaking with, just dont say anything at all... Seriously, you REALLY "douched" yourself.

Pro Member First Officer
jetman35 First Officer

I have a question. In the settings menu it says "preview DX10" does that mean that there will be an update final version released or it this the final version?

Jetman

Pro Member Trainee
PhilTaylor Trainee

jetman35 wrote:

I have a question. In the settings menu it says "preview DX10" does that mean that there will be an update final version released or it this the final version?

Jetman

no update planned.

I discuss all of this in my blog post on Acceleration and SP2.

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

PhilTaylor wrote:

n7xlq1 wrote:

Phil,

I read in FSinsider that this SP2 doesn't add extra aircraft to FS.

Service Pack 2 does not include the code updates required to use the new Flight Simulator X: Acceleration aircraft. You must purchase and install Flight Simulator X: Acceleration to use those aircraft.

My question is what good is this download if you don't get extra stuff with it?

did you read my blog post about what is contained in SP2?

Can't find it, I've been all over your blog.

Pro Member First Officer
D5Tweddle First Officer

I am about to download SP2, do I save or run? I am opening it up in Internet Explorer.

I am only asking as I downloaded (run not save) it yesterday (3hrs and 10 minutes) and at the last second it came up with a message saying Microsoft found a fault with it, and then it was gone! So I am about to start again.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

D5Tweddle wrote:

I am about to download SP2, do I save or run? I am opening it up in Internet Explorer.

I am only asking as I downloaded (run not save) it yesterday (3hrs and 10 minutes) and at the last second it came up with a message saying Microsoft found a fault with it, and then it was gone! So I am about to start again.

Make a habit of Save instead of Run.

Run is rarely if ever required when you download files for FS. Sometimes, when and if Run is required, you can be sure that you'll get a prompt telling you so. 😀

Pro Member First Officer
D5Tweddle First Officer

What folder would I save it too? Just the FSX folder?

Thanks for your help.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

D5Tweddle wrote:

What folder would I save it too? Just the FSX folder?

Thanks for your help.

I personally never Save files straight into the sim. It's much better to save them to the Desktop. Then you can open the file and work with it without having to look for working space and you're less likely to mess up your Sim in case you make a mistake 😎

Pro Member First Officer
D5Tweddle First Officer

Cheers

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

I think you would be like me if your comp got a virus and wouldnt let you start up. I had to spend more than 2 weeks and over 300$ for gateways support not to mention I had to buy a new harddrive and get everything on my old comp to this one.

that is quite unbelievable!

There is no virus alive that would require you to buy a new hard drive.
There very worst thing that could happen to you would be a re-install of Windows. 🙄

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions