Sp2 & old add-on A/C

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

After Sp2 install (see attached system details) I selected my ONLY add-on https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1427/fsx-cessna-l-19d-o-1d-model-305c-bird-dog-military/
FSX - Cessna L-19D (O-1D) model 305C, Bird Dog, Military version on wheels L19D_FSX.zip

And part of the cowl is missing, also there's a hole below the elect panel, the panel used to be gray and the stick is new! But ONLY in this FSX view mode. Other view modes (fixed spot, 3-D cockpit) are normal. The FSX default piper cub came through Sp2 install OK.

I use X_Graphics to customize various FSX surfaces, and those were replaced with SP2 defaults. Was able to re-install the X_Graphics themes I like, no problem.

I also run FSX_GA_Traffic for extra AIs and they work as before.

I suppose, even running FSX on Xp with DX9, we gotta be careful of what old add-ons we install..

With this computer:

Intel DP965LT ATX mainboard (P965express chipset)
Intel onboard Azalia sound & 82566c LAN
intel Core2Duo E6600@2.4ghz
Generic intel approved thermally advantaged ATX case
Thermaltake 775D copperbase heatpipe cpu cooling fan
Corsair 4x1gb duel channel DDR2@667mhz
Gigabyte nVida 8800GTX w/768mb DDR3
Memorex DVD-CD R+RW drive
Western Digital 1600YS SATA hardrive
Antec NeoHe 500watt power supply
Samsung 215TW 21" widescreen (1680x1050) DVI LCD
Samsung CX213TW 13" DVI LCD
CH Flightstick Pro usb & Ch control manager V4.2
winXp SP2

Last edited by oldsamer on Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

Ya there are others having issues with addon aircraft and sp2. I guess you would have to get with the plane's author for a fix. You could try deselecting dx10 in the graphics options which may or may not help.

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

Because I'm running FSX Sp2 on winXp OS I don't have the DX10 preview option, so this is DX9c.

Since inital post I've updated the vid card driver to current nVida and deleted & installed a new download of the L-19 to no effect, it's a hard fault.

I won't install another addon (payware or free) until the details specifiy; "works with FSX Sp2".

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...