Computer reboots after 747.

Pro Member Trainee
letmepass Trainee

Hellow.When i select to fly boeing 747-800 (standart version which is in fsxD) and after a short time of being in the cabin my computer reboots. When it restarts i get a win error..

http://www.freespaces.com/optimism/forum.jpg

It reboots only whn i'm flying boeing 747- 800. Can any one tell me the reason it reboots and how to fix problem? Thank you.

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Without knowing your system specs I would guess that the aircraft might be too much (graphic intensive) for your card.

If that isn't it, you might have too much dust in the computer case and have to clean it out, paying special attention to the fans and heatsink.

Last idea, your power supply is too low in wattage to handle the machine, too many USB peripherals.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
letmepass Trainee

ou, sorry. here is my computer info

Pentium 4 2.8GhZ 2Gb ram Geforce Fx5200.

Power suply woltage is 300W. is it low?

Thanks for your reply, thaknks so much:] ❗ ❗ ❗

Pro Member Trainee
letmepass Trainee

i set to minimal settings and i made my flight with 747 (but crashed cause unexperienced at landing ;D ) ;] thaks so much, hope that will work, but can you answere, does the 747 takes some more somthing for his graphics than the other aircrafts, because i have problems only with this one:] ok, thank you, going to take some flights:]

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Fx-5200, AGP?

That's a very old card. You can search the 2004 general forum and see some of the posts about it.
Many users were upgrading from that and you have FSX.
They stopped making AGP so you can pick up a good one cheap.
Now PCIe is the card of choice.

300w is standard on a low end machine. If you have too many peripherals (I have 8 and a few more not plugged in) running they use power that the card and the rest of the machine need to run the Sim so it'll look good.

Standard now is 700w and many shoot for a bigger (name brand) p/s.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
letmepass Trainee

wow 😳 thanks for info:] i kno, my card sucks;D thank you man;]

Pro Member Trainee
letmepass Trainee

huh i can fly on a low settings, but not long, when flight ends or on the second flight beginning pc reboots.. Can you tell me what my geforce fx 5200 cant load or do some option maybe, which need to be shut down..maybe you can also tell me what my settings needs to be to play without rebooting?:] thank you

P.S. my power suply is 400W :]

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try the lowest setting for clouds and autogen.
Shut off shadows, all AI traffic and go low on scenery.

Also you might have too much dust in the computer case and have to clean it out, paying special attention to the fans and heatsink.

If you want, shut off your anti-virus when flying to free up some memory.
See how that does.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

It also sounds like your powersupply is either dieing on you or its not enough power because you might have other have installed in it or attached to it.

Like RM said, you might want to see if you can get a more powerful powersupply for you computer first, because that'll be cheaper than getting a new card at the moment.

Is this a store bought computer or did you build this yourself?

Pro Member Trainee
letmepass Trainee

It's store bought.
Thanks for info:]

One more tip, which maybe will help you to say what else is wrong and what to do - when I'm playing some games, for example operation flash point, fsxd (Boeing 747), hmm prince of Persia, it is in more games, but I think these examples will be fine,firstly I'm starting to hear crackeled sound and after that the sound goes like in a slow motion, like you are playing the tape and slowing it (voice comes low, slow music) after few seconds pc reboots.. Maybe there is some problems with drivers or sound device? I'm using C-Media if it could help you..Thank you ❗ waiting ➡ ❓ :]

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

Does the PC reboot when you use other programs on your PC?

If it does, then it could be not enough power or something else is not right.

Pro Member Trainee
letmepass Trainee

the only things after wich it reboots is some games :] but it isn't bad drivers, something else?:]

Pro Member Trainee
letmepass Trainee

some new things..i think i didnt mentioned before..when I'm flying 747 everything looks like in this pictures (my screen shots):

http://www.freespaces.com/optimism/2007-12-21_19-59-22-468.jpg
http://www.freespaces.com/optimism/2007-12-21_19-59-32-46.jpg
http://www.freespaces.com/optimism/2007-12-21_19-59-37-906.jpg

What the hell is going on? ;[ when i start the flight the textures are normal a few seconds and after that they turns into these..broken..I know it's maybe of my bad graphic card, but why other aircrafts look fine? ;[[ I want my 747 ;[ ;D

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

I don't see anything wrong with the first image, unless you mean you're to close to the cockpit, then If thats the case use your - key to zoom out.

As for the others it looks like you don't have of the graphics turned up in FSX or its a slow card like you said, or it it could be a bad download/install you have.

Last edited by n7xlq1 on Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Trainee
letmepass Trainee

Ok, guys:] thank you:] if you'll have more ideas pleas tell here:] I'll try to get and install FSX not deluxe..:] hope it'll help, because i remember in past i installed it and it worked normally:] and fdc run normally and everything was fine:] thank you for your help;] it is so pleasing to get your help;] thanks

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

IMHO the deluxe is the better of the two FSX.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...