Backing up

Pro Member Trainee
jetguy99 Trainee

Hey guys I know the turboprops/jetengines can back up but what about the sea planes? Thanks and merry christmas!

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Orion (ollyau) First Officer

You sort of made that question unclear, but are you asking if the pushback tug is available for seaplanes? Or if there is reverse thrust as emerald_flag was thinking?

Anyways, to go back in a seaplane, you can use slew mode and move your joystick forward, back, left and right to move your plane in those directions.

Hope this helps

-Orion

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Well, I don't think that propeller aircraft have reverse thrust, it is just changing the pitch, making the aircraft go backwards 😉 I think that seaplanes can, try it and see if it works ❗

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

Cheeks wrote:

Well, I don't think that propeller aircraft have reverse thrust, it is just changing the pitch, making the aircraft go backwards 😉 I think that seaplanes can, try it and see if it works ❗

Yes props can have reverse thrust. It is just as you describe it. The pitch of the blades rotate until the thrust is pushing opposite way.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

faust1200 wrote:

Cheeks wrote:

Yes props can have reverse thrust. It is just as you describe it. The pitch of the blades rotate until the thrust is pushing opposite way.

Yes, but I don't think the term reverse thrust is used, just changing pitch 😉

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

I've seen AI C-172s backout of parking slots.

Personaly, I never park where I have to backup.

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

its pushback, SHIFT + P

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Normal (reciprocating) propeller aircraft don't feature reverse or beta range, only turboprop engines such as on the the King Air.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...