Trip

wlkin Guest

I belong to FSEconomy and after flying around to earn enough to buy two aircraft, I decided to go on a long trip earning money along the way. The following will be a log of that trip. Not sure where it will end, but the travel bug has bit me. The first few logs were with out pictures. After that I tried to include pictures. Everything will be on my server with a link here.

---------------------------------
Day 1
Preflt completed. Cranked up at 01ok for a long trip. Not sure how long it will last, but what the heck.
Headed for 11v to pick up a assignment of 3 pax which will finance part of the trip to KCIN. Trip was unevenful, landing about 3 hours later. Unplaned everyone and decided to RON. Did a post flight and tied the acft down for the evening.

Day 2
Arrived a the airplane patch early to get a preflight down and look for an assignments that need to go in my direction of flight.
at 0800 lifed off KCIN destination KOMA to pickup two assignments. Temperature a 44 F and visibility 10 miles. Weather at KOMA is about the same. Fired up the music player with Urban Knights and Milt Jackson to start the day. Pickup fog shortly after takeoff from KOMA. Called in for flight following and as I received it, flew out of the overcast. Cancelled Flight Following. Landing SN93 and unloaded some cargo. Lifted off and Fltsim reset itself causing FSE to suck all the gas out of the acft. Got over to KFOE and rented another acft, bought some bulk fuel. Took the fuel to SN93, I though. Contacted Auroara Air Service for instructions. Forgot to transfer the assignment. Flew back to KFOE and went through the procedure again. This time was able to refuel. Took the rented acft back to KFOE and bummed a ride to the field where my A-36 was sitting. Going to try to get this assignment delivered before days end. Finally got the 2 PAX to 47v. Decided to solo to KDEN and spend the night. Landed at KDEN and was asked if I could deliver some Med Supplies that were at 5C04. Price was right and also found some animal feed that needed to be delivered in the same area. Grabbed a quick grease burger and coke and got back into the air for a short flight to pick up the Meds.

Day 3.

0730 show time to get ready for a 0800 TO from KGXY, Greely Colorado, to delivery the Medical Supplies and the animal food that I scheduled yesterday. Sleep caught up with me, so decide it was best to get a good nights rest. To dark for pictures, so will wait to see what the sun brings.
Wx is winds calm, visibility 10 miles, clear skys and 51F. Headed to WY25, Snell-North Laramie River which is near Wheatland, Wyoming to pickup up the animal feed. Fying at 9500 feet, it go a little rocky about 30 miles out of WY25. Five minute flight to 7V6 to drop off medical supplies. 7V6 is Guernsey Army Airfield, is a joint-use airport operated and maintained by the Wyoming Military Department.The local flying area consists of approximately 360 square miles of sparsely populated terrain. There are no dedicated Nap-of-the-Earth routes, so aircraft may perform terrain/NOE flight throughout the local flying area, subject to restrictions from air traffic control.
Dropped off cargo, the off to pick up a couple of executives that need a ride.
Had to fly 7v6 to KLSK twice. Forgot to start FSE, AGAIN.
Going in KLSK, had an engine overspeed. The started getting a "Check Gear Warning" Finally go the overspeed ended, but was still getting the gear warning. Gear indicated down, so landed and taxied it. Luckly a mechanic just happen to be working, so had him check it out. Nothing was found wrong after troubleshooting, so fire up and got back into the air. First stop KGEY, Then KDEW. Still having problems. Decided to divert to KTOR where they have major maintenance facilities. Finally decided to check the trim. It was way out of wack. Reset it to neutral and all systems seems to be working ok.

Flew over the mountains to KDEW, dropped off PAX, refueled and headed off to CAF4 before it gets to dark. Decide to put in at CYYF. After landing, had some cargo to go to CYKA which was about 80 miles away. Fired back up and haul the freight to CYKA. Shut down and tied down. Time for some sleep.

Feb 25, 2006 Day 4.

Preflighting after RON at CYKA, Kamloops, Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada and having Kamloops Airpark Charters Inc do 100 hour maintenance and fill me up with gas, I headed out towards CAF2, Bella Bella, British Columbia, Canada. Had FSNav autoselect a trip, so will get a little sightseeing in. No Cargo or Pax, just me. (Boring) Fog sourrounds me. Climb to 9500 just to be safe. Coming up on CYPK. Just purchased Flight One Software - Ground Environment program. Not sure if it is making a difference, but who can see much in this soup. Was going to take pictures, but all the water is squared shape. Maybe this is the norm in Canada, but I don't think so. Turned the antialiasing back on. Waterways are not quite as square now.About 110nm out of CAF2, pick up a lot of haze. Cuts down on the scenery viewing. Started descend into CAF2, still hazy, but visibility is about 20 miles.
"CAF2 Approach." Landing was tricky due to the trees at the end of the airstrip, but made it ok. Not much here, a couple of building and a gas pump.
"Takeoff with Flaps" Filled up, added a quart of oil and headed to CYXT 110mn to pick up two PAX for Whitehorse. Acft is running fine thanks to Kamloops Airpark Charters Inc for some mighty fine maintenance. Weather in the area is Temp 0 degrees C, Visibility 48Km, wind NNE 8 km/h. Landed at CYXT, top off tanks, loaded PAX and got back into the air "Leaving CYTX" to CYXY Whitehorse about 400mn away. Temp -26 C: Visibility 64km and wind calm.
"BD7 MuddyLake"
Well, made it over the mountains and woods and landed at Whitehorse. "Whitehorse Approach" Dropped off PAX. This place being in the open and in a valley must be really cold. Going to hang out here tonight and start planning for tomorrow.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...