flap 30 setting is 170 knots. Does that mean touchdown speed is 170 kts?
It seemed a far too fast landing to me......
3 Answers
170 KIAS is too fast for landing. Try 145 KIAS or close to it.
170 KIAS is maximum flap extension speed - any faster and you risk damaging the airframe.
Hi,
I believe that the correct touchdown speed is vref+5.
Ta
Leachus
If you have the pleasure of using Level D 767 then the FMC calculates a Vref speed (a landing speed) and depending on weight. Press INIT when inflight and you'll see different Vref's for different flap settings.
Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
FS2004 — recently answered
FS2004Where can I download Greece scenery add-ons for FS2004?Download free Greece scenery add-ons for FS2004, including Athens, Samos and multi-airport…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download FS2004 Vueling and BA A320 liveries?Download Vueling and British Airways Airbus A320 liveries for FS2004, match each repaint to…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download Venezuela scenery for FS2004?Download Venezuela scenery for FS2004, including Cumaná airport and AFCAD2 upgrades, with…Read answer →FS2004Where can I download Singapore Changi scenery for FS2004?Download free Singapore Changi Airport (WSSS) scenery for FS2004, choose the visual package or…Read answer →
Captain
Chief Captain
First Officer
Trainee