DaveC, Heino aircraft

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I've run into some problems with my PC, so i said heck with trying to fix them, and i reformatted my HD, so it's going to take me a while to get back up and running. I'll tell you what though, this is where I got the 757-200 I mentioned to you. If you would like, you can grab it from the site and work your magic!

Answers 32 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Hi FEM,
That link you gave me was only texture blanks for the 757-200 and as I require the a/c folder so I can test all the bmps in FS9 - repainting is impossible without it.
So I looked around and the first one I found was a file size of 15+Mb - I'm on a DUN so that was a no no - eventually found one at 7.5 Mb that was bad enough - my wife didn't and couldn't use the phone for an hour!!!
I now have the a/c file (I need a 757-200 like I need a hole in my head - I'm a taildragger). Now don't expect any results of this repaint yesterday or even the day after tomorrow. I have other things to do like eating and sleeping 😂
Don't know why I'm rushing to post this anyway as you are off the air but at least you'll get the news when you return hope all goes well with your re-engineered machine.

Pro Member Chief Captain

no, sorry for confusing you
i ALREADY re-formatted 😛

Now I just have to install ActiveCamera again, and all that good stuff, so it's going to take me a while.

I'm in no rush, heck, now i can play some Doom 3, or Halo, or watch Family Guy!

Pro Member Captain

Hi FEM,
Don't pay too much attention to the lettering - very early stages - what I want is confirmation - this is the 757-200 that you want painted - yes?

Pro Member Chief Captain

WOW!!!

Yeah, that's the one!!

that's like hard core kick-assery right there!!! 😳 😳 😳

Pro Member Captain

I don't suppose you will like this - will we make this his WORLD TOUR a/c?

Pro Member Chief Captain

HOLY COW!!!

That'll be his world tour aircraft!!! That's the best!!!

Is it going to be white, or are there different colors for the fuselage after you're done painting? Dont matter to me, just curious!

Pro Member Captain

It will eventually be 'metallic shine' - that and white are the best for colored legends, they stand out better and it is easier to do. I get lazy sometimes. But, do I detect that you might want something a bit more psychodelic (withour a speller) - more in keeping with Heino's image?

I'll put a vynil platter of my favorite singer, Perry Como on the turntable and I'll play around and see what comes out - probably nice flowers on a nice pink background ❗ Only joking 😂
Leave it with me - I am not supposed to work on a Saturday- so you'll need to wait.

Pro Member Captain

Hi FEM - I am not forgetting about your Heino World Tour 757 - have a few rough-ups - too rough to even put in a post - but we will get there.
Sing mit Perry Como!!!!

Last edited by Dave Copeland (davec) on Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain

Perry Como....you know, that rings a bell somewhere! I do not know where, but i've heard of/heard him.

Take your time Dave!

Pro Member Captain

Hi FEM,
Thought I would give you a little peek of what I had done, well about 15% of it - as long as some smart A Twisted Evil doesn't come along pointing out all the errors - hope you like how it is going.

I'll be running out of paint soon 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

All i can say, DaveC, is WOW! 😳

That looks awesome! It'd make Heino proud, to say the least!!!

I may have to attempt to get into contact with him and see if i can get him a picture!!!

Pro Member Captain

Hi - I have left a PM for you

Pro Member Captain

Thought you might want a look of what I have done so far - getting there, but it is slow work - now, be honest and tell me what you don't like. I never heard of Heino before you started pasting him all over the forum. I have now visited one of 'altar' sites, just to get a bit of background - note the Heino font - that' s how it appears in the bills.
I am drawing a pic of sunglasses and hopefully I will be able to paint them just above or just below the cockpit windows Another learning curve coming up!
I just hope you can get the doors open - they might be stuck with all that paint Embarassed and you certainly willl need full boost to get her up as I reckon I'm on my second ton of paint 😂
I REPEAT - TELL ME IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU DON'T WANT/LIKE

Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Looks great so far, Lets see...I noticed that some of the text seems to cut off...is there a way to fix that at all? Other than that, it all looks awesome!

Oh, can you possibly make a blue swirly on each of the engine fan cones. like you see on the delta planes?

Heh...swirly... 🙄

Pro Member Captain

Hi,
The text will all be in order in the final edition - although in this shot some text goes over the top or bottom curve of the fuselage and will only be visible as you bank left or right - the other instances where it is actually cut off are minor corrections. I'll try to do the swirlies - another learning curve!!
Trouble is I'll need to download a Delta a/c to see how it is done - which specific Delta is it on and where will I get it?

Pro Member Captain

Hi, Further to my last - I have downloaded 4 different sets of Delta textures and none of them have any swirlies, sworlies or swurlies so need your help in finding the right one - as long as it's not a 15 Mb download or payware.

Pro Member Chief Captain

If you can't find them, don't worry about it...I dont know if any of the ones I have would allow you to see them, because they came in a .exe file that requires authorization from the VA to use them...i.e, you have to be a member, and i'd hate to have you take a entrance exam just to get some aircraft.

Pro Member Captain

Right - I'm not quite sure where you want these twirlies - but this is what turned up - are they in the place where you want them they will seem to twirl at a speed depending on your frame rate

.. the reason that the port side of the 757 is bare. is because I overwrote a texture file which had taken me 20 man-hours to do - what I said about the twirlies cannot be printed here - it would be scrubbed from the post by flyaway and I would be banned from the forum !! Hey Ho! who said I liked this repainting!!

Pro Member Chief Captain

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS SO...FREAKIN...PSYCHADELIC!!!!

I LOVE IT!!!

That's gonna be sweet!

Wow!!!

It looks awesome DaveC!

Pro Member Captain

Hi,
Hope your feeling better - just have a look at the new gold Heino a/c - will have to go and get more gold paint - but just look at that picture of Heino -he's smiling - so should you be - will eventually finish up with a reflective gold all-over surface - lots more to do - but thought if I posted this, it would cheer you up.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Wow, I like the Gold a lot better, cause they call him "Der Golden Heino"

That picture looks sweet too! Thanks DaveC, I feel a lot better today!

Pro Member Captain

We are nearly there!!
Just got a bit of the landing gear to do and part of the wings. The reflective surface seems to be OK.
I need some answers -
1. Do want anything else on the fuselage - for example - stars, emblems, etc???
2. Do you want placenames of where he will be appearing in small text on fuselage - eg Berlin Paris Rome or even Michigan!!
3. Or anything else you may think of?.
Speak now or forever hold thy peace!!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain

could you find the sunglasses? those would be cool on there, but other than that, I like the gold and the text that's on there now!

Pro Member Captain

The sunglasses will be yours!!!

Guest FEM Guest

Thanks...uh oh, here comes the English Teacher...oh god...OH GOD HE'S HERE!!! NOOOOOO!!! AHHHHHhhhhh....

Pro Member Captain

Hope the English teacher gave you hell for not concentrating on your class work - how do you hope to read and understand all the flight instructions if you dont learn the language!!! 😂
Now - if you accept what you see below - I have a bout 10 minutes work to do on it and then it's CD burn time and I'll put the CD in the mail first thing Monday morning.
Include your mail address in a PM please.

Pro Member Chief Captain

DaveC, that's a thing of beauty! I dont know what to say other than thanks so much!!!!...there's a PM on the way

Pro Member Captain

Hi Fem
Got the address - the CD is in a package ready to post in the morning. I finally got that hunk of metal off the ground, even with the weight of all that gold -
Group Wave

looks even better in the air and your still have you psychodelic cowls!! 😂

Happy flying

Pro Member Chief Captain

That is absolutely awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll be seeing pictures just like GPS-KID's Baron Tour!

Cant wait!!!

Pro Member First Officer
Rambunctious First Officer

Just one question - who the hell is Heino ❓

Pro Member Captain

I just painted the a/c - no doubt FEM will let you know all about Heino who I believe was a German cult singer of the 60/70's and I think now qualifies for the old age pension!!! 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

Heino isnt entirely a cult or..."Kult" as they call him. He was first a baker, back when, then he began singing and went on to audition and become a famous singer. His first hit that launched him to the tops of the charts whas "Wenn die bunten fahnen Wehen" I have it, its a awesome song!

He still sings today, just not as much. If you search google for Heino you'll come across some sites.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...