processor cores

Pro Member Trainee
Flykid Trainee

hey guys. i have a really stupid question for you- when they say 2.4ghz quad core is that 4 different "2.4s" or one 2.4 that can think on a larger basis.
i have a intel centrino duo 2.0ghz on my laptop but my desktop is far behind so i was looking in to getting a new processor to crank things up. i usually just use my laptop for fsx. works fine with ok settings. but i was looking for something a bit better
appreciate the help. thanks

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-core_%28computing%29

In my opinion, a good desk top computer is much better than any notebook computer for flight simulation. The processors, graphics cards and screen size are all better with a desk top. Putting a better processor into a computer will always help but many times it's not that simple. Many computer manufactures use motherboards that won't accept new processors. That means that you would have to buy a new motherboard also. Depending on the age of the computer, you may have to buy all new RAM and maybe a new graphics card also. The new boards use Pci Express slots and the old ones use AGP.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...