CPU temperature

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 As you may know,I like to get under the hood of my PC and squeeze every last drop of power out of it I can Hack
Well I use a number of programs(free) to monitor the temps inside

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php?ExtraId=24

http://www.coolbeans.ws/

Well the temperature of my CPU was 50C (which is a tad warm)
So new cooling was needed. Nope No water here(still cant convince myself of pumping water around the inside of a PC Fear )But a huge copper heatsink and the optional 80cm fan
Now my PC runs at 37C under normal use and 41C under stress ie Fs9
Easy to fit(about 10mins) and all for under £20 by pcCooler
Some pc shops should stock them or search the worlds fav auction site

This is the beast before fitting

And after

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

TTT, Is that a Zalman CPU cooler?

I use http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/active.htm for my temp readings. A P-4.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Its what PCcooler call a Zalman clone,only cheaper
Sure do'es the job 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I heard that copper was far superior to the standard issue aluminum, thanks, it's a good looking setup.
It's hard to tell but it looks like you got rid of the ribbon cables also, good move better airflow.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😞 I still have the old ribbon cables,but will be my next purchace along with a DVDR.No need to Secret as I have the OK from She Who Must Be Obeyed Whip
The one I quite fancy is the Pioneer DVR-108 16x DVD+/-R writer with 4x Double Layer DVDR writing compatibility.Under £50 (about$95)

Anybody with any thoughts on this make/model

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't have one yet but a friend likes his Plexitor very much.
A little more $ £ €!

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

I have over heating problem mainly summer time when the temperature raise above 32 Cell. (like a cockpit with out air condition) Last summer I just removed the left side panel and plased a small table fan facing the mother board. Ugly but cheap. I am going on your way next summer.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I had the same problem and added a fan in the rear and a PCI fan, it sits next to my video card.
The best is a fan in the front and one in the back if you don't have a copper one like TTT put in his.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Rambunctious First Officer

Man, a delta T of 4 degrees doesn't sound much like you're stressing that poor little AScRock (is it a GPro?) board...

My old P4 is currently (which has been banished, and is facing the corner, right now) is crunching SETI & UD agent packets almost all day, and got about 12 degrees difference even before I started overclocking!

50 degrees isn't too bad (esp. if an o/c'd AMD), the MTBF only goes up by about 15% over 40. By the time it's failed, it's been obsolete for quite some time, baby

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Its an XP2800 (has been o/c,but not at the moment)1.5Gig ram .FX5900GS and a 500W PSU
I use it mainly for FS and a few other games like Farcry and FPS and video editing(soon to add a DVD burner)

hey,where could one buy one in canada?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...